PDA

View Full Version : WWYD - My dh expects a package to arrive today but I missed it

jess_g
11-08-2010, 06:23 PM
I missed a package delivery today. I can go out in the dark tonight and try and find the place to pick the package up (about half hour from the house but in an area between two major freeways so I am worried it will be hard to find) or I can just hope that it comes tomorrow when I am home and not out driving the kids to school (I have to drive my daughter to school in the morning so I will be out for an hour). Which would you do? I know my dh will be mad at me if I don't go out tonight to get the package but I don't want to drive around in the dark. Any advice on which one you would do?

Jessica.

KathyN115
11-08-2010, 06:36 PM
I would leave a note tomorrow for the delivery guy and tell him to leave the package if you are not home. Make sure you sign it, and they should leave it no problem.

jess_g
11-08-2010, 06:37 PM
I would leave a note tomorrow for the delivery guy and tell him to leave the package if you are not home. Make sure you sign it, and they should leave it no problem.

Would Fed Ex do this? I don't get too many packages that are not from UPS.

Thanks,

Jessica.

KathyN115
11-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Yes. Did they attempt to deliver it today? Because if they did, they left one of those tags on the door. There is a place to sign it, and if you leave it for them they will leave your package.

vejemom
11-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Why did he have it sent to the house and not his office if it was so important that he receive it on the first try? I mean, it isn't like you can't not take your daughter to and from school just to sit around waiting for the FedEx guy. What's in the package, the Hope diamond?

poohbear
11-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Why did he have it sent to the house and not his office if it was so important that he receive it on the first try? I mean, it isn't like you can't not take your daughter to and from school just to sit around waiting for the FedEx guy. What's in the package, the Hope diamond?

:hysterical:

Yes, just leave a note with the tracking number if you have it and ask the fed ex man to leave it for you. And otherwise send DH out in the dark to go get it.

khm
11-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I would not go to the FedEx facility tonight. Chances are, it's still on the truck or is otherwise in limbo / not accessible to you.

Do you have the tracking number? You can call and leave instructions that the driver will see that says it's OK to leave the package tomorrow.

You should have a sticky note somewhere that they leave behind.....

kijip
11-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Can your DH get the package on the way home?

We typically have everything sent to my office because then nothing gets missed. They only come to businesses during business hours and even if I am not at my office, someone else is there to toss it on my desk.

edurnemk
11-08-2010, 07:32 PM
DH once went to pick up a missed package at night at UPS, it was a hellish experience. We called ahead and they told us to pick it up at a certain time. DH was there on time, and they had no.frickin'.idea where the package was. It took him over 90 minutes of waiting and complaining and nagging people to finally get the package. One of the employees was really, really rude to him. He said there were a lot of other customers there also waiting for their packages for hours.

So I wouldn't go pick it up if I was in your shoes. My DH could get as mad as he wanted, but I wouldn't budge, it's his package! IMO he should pick it up himself or wait until tomorrow. It's not your fault you weren't home when it came, so I don't think it's reasonable for him to be mad at you, JMHO.

smiles33
11-08-2010, 07:43 PM
DH once went to pick up a missed package at night at UPS, it was a hellish experience. We called ahead and they told us to pick it up at a certain time. DH was there on time, and they had no.frickin'.idea where the package was. It took him over 90 minutes of waiting and complaining and nagging people to finally get the package. One of the employees was really, really rude to him. He said there were a lot of other customers there also waiting for their packages for hours.

So I wouldn't go pick it up if I was in your shoes. My DH could get as mad as he wanted, but I wouldn't budge, it's his package! IMO he should pick it up himself or wait until tomorrow. It's not your fault you weren't home when it came, so I don't think it's reasonable for him to be mad at you, JMHO.

:yeahthat: I went to go pick up something once that I really wanted (can't even recall what it was) and the truck wasn't even back to the facility by 6 pm. I spent a good hour sitting there and even then, had to keep asking the staff to check to see if the truck was back. It was SO not worth the time.

3blackcats
11-08-2010, 09:19 PM
On the sticky note they leave behind they tell you when you can go to the facility to pick up the package. Sometimes it is not until the next day - so I wouldn't go. If there was no sticky note, they might not have even been there today and your DH can just wait until tomorrow :-)