PDA

View Full Version : ISO deal on matchbox stinky the garbage truck

brgnmom
11-08-2010, 06:40 PM
my DS is in love with this truck (http://www.target.com/MatchBox-Stinky-The-Garbage-Truck/dp/B00383LP8M) and so far, I've seen it on sale for $44.99 at Target (using the $5 store coupon)... but I'm not sure I'd want to shell out that much for this toy, no matter how popular it is.

Just wondering whether anyone has seen better deals for this particular toy. Thank you in advance!

KrisM
11-08-2010, 06:45 PM
If you're near a Meijer and have a Meijer CC, they're $42.99 and you get 15% off today with your card.

brgnmom
11-08-2010, 08:12 PM
If you're near a Meijer and have a Meijer CC, they're $42.99 and you get 15% off today with your card.

thank u for your post. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near a Meijer (I'm on the west coast).

Mikey0709
11-09-2010, 09:03 AM
I was looking for the same toy! Been watching amazon and it only came down to $52.99 in the 3 weeks..... kmart has a $10 off coupon for it - but they still had it $59.99. Target seemed the best deal at 44.99 - and my mailing had a $5 gift card sticker attached if i spent over $35 in toys.... I bought it at target... but still looking in case anyone is better. No Meijer here either! The only other option i saw is $49.99 at toys r us and they will give you a $10 gift card for future purchases if you spend over $75.

JTsMom
11-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Don't do it!!!!!!!!! DS just bought one with his own $ on Sunday, and I am counting the days until that thing breaks! It has to be the most obnoxious toy ever made. It is SO loud and overbearing.

Don't say I didn't warn you!

Babymakes3
11-09-2010, 10:18 AM
DS and I played with it yesterday at TRU, thankfully he was scared of it and stood behind my back with his hand over his mouth (this is how he does scared) while we watched it do it's thing in the display case. I'm glad he didn't like it bc it's obnoxious! LOL!

Mikey0709
11-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Oh man - - second thoughts.... targets return policy is 90 days right????

KHF
11-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I have to agree with a PP, it is horribly obnoxious. Our Target had one in the little display where you could play with it. DD wants one, but I absolutely refuse. No way, no day.

brgnmom
11-09-2010, 11:51 AM
thank you mikey0709 for your post about the additional coupon on the back of the target toy mailer. I did receive the mailer earlier in the month, but it's too bad mine didn't have the coupon on the back cover.

oh my, thank you PPs for the warnings about the toy. my DS hasn't actually played with the truck - he has only seen it packaged up at Target and Toys R Us. I read some positive reviews of the truck, but didn't realize that it would be really loud/obnoxious. I'm giving birth to a newborn any day now, and maybe the truck might not be such a good gift for DS after all... will need to re-think the potential purchase. I wish my DS would have other toys on his wish list - this one is his favorite in the target toy catalogue.

Babymakes3
11-09-2010, 01:27 PM
thank you mikey0709 for your post about the additional coupon on the back of the target toy mailer. I did receive the mailer earlier in the month, but it's too bad mine didn't have the coupon on the back cover.

oh my, thank you PPs for the warnings about the toy. my DS hasn't actually played with the truck - he has only seen it packaged up at Target and Toys R Us. I read some positive reviews of the truck, but didn't realize that it would be really loud/obnoxious. I'm giving birth to a newborn any day now, and maybe the truck might not be such a good gift for DS after all... will need to re-think the potential purchase. I wish my DS would have other toys on his wish list - this one is his favorite in the target toy catalogue.

TRU had some neat garbage trucks that we played with yesterday. If he's into firetrucks they had lots of those and while they made noise they weren't obnoxious. I would think it might be a bit scary for a young baby too thats on the floor while your ds is playing with it.

JTsMom
11-09-2010, 06:50 PM
It repeats, "Hi, I'm Stinky- are you?" non-flippin-stop. Interspersed with the engine rumbling and horn honking. It's also... gassy. Yes, the truck actually farts. It shuts off eventually, if nobody touches it, but it takes forever, and of course, DS loves the thing, so it just goes and goes. The display at Target does not do it justice. If I could hook up a webcam and let you all hear what I do right now, you'd join me in my hate mail campaign to the manufacturers.

brgnmom
11-09-2010, 07:45 PM
It repeats, "Hi, I'm Stinky- are you?" non-flippin-stop. Interspersed with the engine rumbling and horn honking. It's also... gassy. Yes, the truck actually farts. It shuts off eventually, if nobody touches it, but it takes forever, and of course, DS loves the thing, so it just goes and goes. The display at Target does not do it justice. If I could hook up a webcam and let you all hear what I do right now, you'd join me in my hate mail campaign to the manufacturers.

:ROTFLMAO: I stopped by Target & looked at the package more closely, and noticed that there was an opening where you can push a button to hear the truck talk. It does sound pretty loud and obnoxious. I'm hoping that my DS will somehow forget about this toy on his wish list... I'll need to research some other toys that would entice him (& not scare his baby sibling).

TRU had some neat garbage trucks that we played with yesterday. If he's into firetrucks they had lots of those and while they made noise they weren't obnoxious. I would think it might be a bit scary for a young baby too thats on the floor while your ds is playing with it.

thank you for the suggestion! He's definitely into firetrucks.

KrisM
11-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Again with Meijer :).

It's in their BF ad for $40. Last year, a lot of things were online as well and retailmenot.com often has half off shipping codes.