PDA

View Full Version : how can I be more supprotive to DH emotionally?

ChefGirl
11-08-2010, 06:48 PM
How can you be more supportive to your DH who's in a business that's losing money like no tomorrow? He's had this thing for almost 3 years now. It's a difficult business to become more profitable. I'm having a hard time with it. He has only brought home 3 paychecks this year. He's telling me I'm not being supportive of him emotionally and that I'm being too negative. It's hard when you dip into your savings paying bills every month. Obviously the financial situation is taking a toll on our marriage. Thanks for letting me vent!

tiapam
11-08-2010, 07:34 PM
One catchphrase I like from Suze Orman is: People, then money, then things. Are the people (you, DH, DC) taken care of right now? Including an emergency fund? If so, then things are probably better than they seem to you right now.

Do the two of you have a long range plan for the business? Like when you would cut your losses if it does not become profitable? If you have this planned out, then maybe it would be easier for you to deal with it on a regular basis, like when paying bills?

KpbS
11-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Can you go and see a marriage counselor to help talk through the financial issues and the emotional ones? That is a very hard place to be in. Sorry things are so rough. :hug: