PDA

View Full Version : How early did you start getting pregnancy symptoms?

edurnemk
11-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Title says it all. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm feeling weird.

smiles33
11-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Honestly, I frequently thought I was pregnant whenever I was more than a day late because I was so hyper-aware of changes in my body when we were TTC. During the two times that I really was pregnant, I think I was in shock that it wasn't in my head. I will say that I remember my breasts being more tender than usual at maybe 12DPO.

edurnemk
11-08-2010, 07:54 PM
The breast soreness was the give away with DS, I had blamed the nausea and tiredness on stress, work, travel... but it was the breast thing that made me suspect. However I didn't go through this "waiting period" with DS because it was the first try, actually not even an official try (we planned to start TTC 3 months later, but weren't being too careful anymore).

I think I ovulated like 10 days ago (I'm not 100% sure, I haven't been too disciplined with taking my temp the last 2 months). So I know it's super early, but my breasts have been more and more sore the last 2 days (too early for PMS soreness, though), and I've been nauseous all day, but I keep thinking it's all in my head.

SnuggleBuggles
11-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I was like 5 weeks along. :) I might have had some subtle things that I dismissed as PMS or ovulation (my cycles are weird) but it was really the nausea/ starving combo that clued me in.

Beth

alirebco
11-08-2010, 08:03 PM
With my first, I knew even before I was late because I had breast soreness and they never get sore.

With this pregnancy, I had no idea until I started getting nauseous, was exhausted and faint, and also started having aversions to certain smells. I was about 5.5 weeks along when I found out.

swissair81
11-08-2010, 10:05 PM
About 5 weeks. I usually know before, because of my period. This time though, I didn't know until I started feeling yucky. I was nursing & had only gotten my period once before I was preggo again.

♥ms.pacman♥
11-08-2010, 10:11 PM
With my first, I knew even before I was late because I had breast soreness and they never get sore.

With this pregnancy, I had no idea until I started getting nauseous, was exhausted and faint, and also started having aversions to certain smells. I was about 5.5 weeks along when I found out.

wow, this is exactly me too. with the first i found out 5 days b4 my period was due, the boob soreness was so obvious. this 2nd pregnancy i was still nursing a lot so i didn't really notice any changes in boobs like i did with the first. i waited till my period was a week overdue (and i had a few nauseous spells) before i tested and got a BFP.

Beckylove
11-08-2010, 10:55 PM
I had extreme breast tenderness/soreness right at 4 wks.

I felt sick to my stomach around 6wks.

Extreme fatigue kicked in at 8wks.

littlebird
11-08-2010, 11:53 PM
I have intense cramping/pulling sensations at the time AF should happen, much more so than with AF. No nausea or breast soreness until around 8 weeks. I'm typically fatigued and have back aches anyway, so those weren't indicators for me.

citymama
11-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Right around the 2-3 week mark. Probably closer to 3 weeks, once I had already taken the test.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, if you are TTC!

BTW, I was reading something about Inuit names and came across a list of names that mean "snow." Edurne was one of them (Basque, not Inuit) - how cool!

kam
11-09-2010, 10:30 AM
For both pregnancies, I knew before AF was late. I had a weird metallic taste in my mouth and I just said -- I'm pregnant. I got a + test result a few days later in both cases. My mom also said I "looked" pregnant to her, and she was surprised neither time. I think my breasts start to swell early, which they don't during AF normally.

hellokitty
11-09-2010, 11:24 AM
With DS3, I had symptoms (I believe I was more aware, b/c it was my 3rd pregnancy) BEFORE I even tested. I was queasy (I have hyperemesis with each pregnancy) and just so tired, I was going to bed by 7pm, oh and I got a UTI, for me I only get UTI's when I am pg, so that was a telltale sign. I am glad that I insisted that the doctor give me meds that were safe for pregnancy, b/c I was right that I was pg (even though I wasn't testing +). If you have a weird feeling that you are pregnant, you probably are. Although, I do have to admit that now that I am in my late 30's, my pms symptoms have started to resemble pregnancy symptoms. For about a yr after I had DS2, I kept thinking I might be pregnant almost every month and it turned out that my body has decided to change PMS symptoms. When I did get pg with DS3 though, I knew right away though, it was different, probably that achey, did-too-many-crunches feeling in my abs and the total exhaustion.

edurnemk
11-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Right around the 2-3 week mark. Probably closer to 3 weeks, once I had already taken the test.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, if you are TTC!

Thanks! I'll let you all know the minute I take the test, :rotflmao:

BTW, I was reading something about Inuit names and came across a list of names that mean "snow." Edurne was one of them (Basque, not Inuit) - how cool!

and thanks for that, too! My mom's family is Basque, although it was my dad who chose my name (he's from Asturias, but loved the name)

AnnieW625
11-09-2010, 02:52 PM
With DD1, and the pregnancy we lost I didn't get any until after I had already taken the pregnancy test. I got sore breasts within a week. I was sleepy all of the time by the end of week 3. With DD2 I instantly was sleepy even before my missed period. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

luckytwenty
11-10-2010, 12:22 PM
A few days after the positive test, all three times--before that, it was just typical PMS symptoms I'd have anyway. I remember thinking, "Well duh, of course I'm pregnant!" which seemed so funny when a few days earlier I was all shocked and excited by the test!

Myira
11-10-2010, 01:47 PM
With DD, I probably even noticed the implantation bleeding though at the time I wasn't sure it was really implantation bleeding. And then much before I missed my period, my breasts swelled, I guess I must have increased 1-2 cup sizes right then, so I took the hpt and did show a positive.

With the m/c, I did not have any physical symptoms, but just some gut feeling prompted me to test the day I expected AF and was frankly totally surprized to see a +ve.

newg
11-10-2010, 03:54 PM
with my first we were doing fertility, so we were counting days, blood work, shots....all that fun stuff. Found out we were pregnant by taking a pregnancy test when I should have gotten my period.

With DD2 we had decided to stop using protection and were getting ready to TTC. I am diabetic and after being pregnant with DD1 I knew what my blood sugars would do when I got pregnant. So that was the first clue to me.....took a pregnancy test and it was postitive. I was also feeling unusually tired, hungry for carbs, and just "off"........but we were traveling for the holidays, so it was really easy to assume that's why I felt that way.

lchang25000
11-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Nipple soreness/sensitivity was my first symptom with DS.

edurnemk
11-16-2010, 08:20 PM
UPDATE: It was a false alarm. AF showed up, early in fact.

Oh well....

ashleybama24
11-22-2010, 11:02 AM
I swear I knew the moment it happened. I kept having symptoms but all the tests came up negative. I ended up having to wait until my missed period before a test turned up positive. It was rather validating because I swear I knew all along I was pregnant. I haven't been to the doctor yet but I am guessing I'm due sometime in July 2011.