PDA

View Full Version : Sizing help: M / L Bravado Body Silk Seamless bra?

jenrub
11-08-2010, 09:16 PM
I can't determine which size to order. Pre-pregnancy, I was 34C. On my 5 1/2 month, I got the Bravado original in M+ which is 36-40 D/DD. I am now in my 7 1/2 month and my bras are getting tighter so I think I need to get new ones and would like to try the Body Silk Seamless since it has removable pads and hooks in the back. I would like to be able to wear them around this time until after I give birth and nursing so I can make the most use of it. I followed the sizing instructions online and it calculated that I'm a 34D right now which I don't think is right co'z pre-pregnancy I was 34 and used those bras with the extenders until I couldn't fit in them anymore; thus, getting the originals. I called CS and they said I can fit in a M now and have to get a L after giving birth co'z that's when milk will come in and use it for a short time since I'll be returning to a smaller size again. Is that what I really need to do or can I get away with either a M / L the whole time until I get back to using my originals again? Question is which size. I figured it has hooks in the back so I can adjust them as I get bigger or smaller. Also, can someone suggest a size also for the nursing tank? Thanks!

boltfam
11-09-2010, 02:12 AM
I'm currently nursing my 6 mo. old in a Bravado Bodysilk seamless L. I was 36C pre-preg, and I also have a M+. It sounds like we're of a similar size, and I was able to use the L both now and when my milk came in and I was HUGE! I would say go with the L, but I would try to find some place that has a good return policy just in case.

I can't help you out with the nursing tank as I don't have one of those. I did try one on in the store, though, and I remember that it ran kind of small. GL!

ohsara430
11-11-2010, 12:42 PM
I have both M and L. I am most comfortable in the L due to the extra room in cup size. My DD is 9 months, when she was first born I couldn't wear the M b/c it was too tight in cup size. Now I can wear the M but am still more comfy in the L, I fasten it on the middle set of hooks in the back and I would guess I'm a 36DD/38D. Pre-preg I was 36D. It would be best if you can find somewhere to try one on, worst case you can always order from target.com and return to the store if it doesn't work out. Be sure to sign up for Medela emails, they often run 25% off.

jenrub
11-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the info ESP the 25% off for signing up with meddle emails. I could definitely use that.

ohsara430
11-14-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm an idiot, I don't know why I said Medela emails, I meant sign up for Bravado - they are the ones that make the nursing bra. Sorry!

jenrub
11-15-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm an idiot, I don't know why I said Medela emails, I meant sign up for Bravado - they are the ones that make the nursing bra. Sorry!

I was able to ask you where to sign up for the Medela emails today co'z I didn't find it on their website. Thanks for the follow-up post! I just signed up at Bravado. :)

boltfam
11-15-2010, 10:32 PM

Thanks for clarifying! Off to sign up for Bravado's e-mails!

fedoragirl
11-15-2010, 10:39 PM
I am the exact same size! I was a 34 C pre-pregnancy and a 34D post pregnancy and in the 3rd trimester. I have the M Bravado Body Seamless Silk Bra and fit into it without any issues. I love it. In fact, I still wear them even though I've stopped nursing. They're the only bras I could sleep in. They're that comfortable.
ETA: I got the same size tank from Bravado. It's size M. You could google Breakout Bras and they give you a guide on how to measure yourself. Also, the Body Silk bras are very stretchy. They will accommodate you when you grow a size larger, and even when you shrink back to your pre-pregnancy size. I really love them.

jenrub
11-16-2010, 05:43 AM
I am the exact same size! I was a 34 C pre-pregnancy and a 34D post pregnancy and in the 3rd trimester. I have the M Bravado Body Seamless Silk Bra and fit into it without any issues. I love it. In fact, I still wear them even though I've stopped nursing. They're the only bras I could sleep in. They're that comfortable.
ETA: I got the same size tank from Bravado. It's size M. You could google Breakout Bras and they give you a guide on how to measure yourself. Also, the Body Silk bras are very stretchy. They will accommodate you when you grow a size larger, and even when you shrink back to your pre-pregnancy size. I really love them.

Thanks! Exactly the info I was hoping to get. I was gonna get both sizes but really didn't want the hassle of returning/exchanging in case the L didn't fit. Glad to hear the M can accommodate the fluctuation in sizes so I can just get more of the same size.

ohsara430
11-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Was in Target today and noticed they are now carrying a "cheaper" line of Bravado nursing bras called Basics or something. They are styled very similar to the seamless silk bras but a thinner material and only $24. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone is looking for something nicer than G&O bras but not $50 and up per bra.

jerigirl
11-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Was in Target today and noticed they are now carrying a "cheaper" line of Bravado nursing bras called Basics or something. They are styled very similar to the seamless silk bras but a thinner material and only $24. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone is looking for something nicer than G&O bras but not $50 and up per bra.
I have 2 of the Stella bras. I don't have any of the regular Bravado bras to compare them to but I will say that I have been happy with the Basics line.

ETA: here is the link
http://www.basicsbybravado.com/
Wish the Stella came in black.

luckytwenty
11-21-2010, 02:45 PM
I got a lot smaller post partum because my rib cage shrunk so much. I'd been bursting out of the Ls in my last two months, and now three weeks PP, I have them on the tightest setting. Just an FYI because not everyone needs to go a size up even when their milk comes in, because sometimes you need such a big size during pregnancy due to band width.

zukeypur
11-21-2010, 04:36 PM
I was your same size before baby. I went with the L which worked great up until a couple of months ago. Now baby is 11 months, I'm smaller than I was before getting pregnant, and I wish I had mediums. I've gotten medium in all of the nursing tanks I've tried, and a 34 C in the bravado nursing tanks.