PDA

View Full Version : Any good deals on Paper Jamz??

Corie
11-08-2010, 10:45 PM
DS wants a Paper Jamz guitar and the amplifier.
http://www.paperjamz.com/products/guitars

The guitar is approx. $24 at Target. The amplifier is $15.

I'd love to find it cheaper! Thanks!

left210
11-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Kmart has it in their toy book for $19.99. Target has $5 off coupons in their toy book. PM Kmart ad at Target and then use $5 off coupon which makes it $14.99. Can also use $5 off coupons for drum and amplifier.

pjsmom30
11-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Can you price match with a print out of the online KMart ad? Or do you have to have the actual toy book? I didn't get one and don't have a Kmart near me.

left210
11-09-2010, 10:04 AM
I am not sure. I do know when Target first started PM and you had to go to customer service that they required the full ad but now they are PM at the register so not sure how strict they are.

dec756
11-09-2010, 10:09 AM
would a 10 year old like this??

Corie
11-09-2010, 10:49 AM
would a 10 year old like this??

I would think so! It looks like fun!!!

kellybelly0513
11-09-2010, 01:58 PM
The price match policy at Target states that they will take off any coupons first and then if the ad price is still cheaper they will match the ad. So if it is $24 and they take off the $5 coupon, it will be cheaper than Kmart.

ohiomom1121
11-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Can someone please clue me in as to what these are? I saw them at Target the other day and didn't know what they were!!! I have a hard to buy for nephew and am wondering if he'd like this? I looked at the site and still don't get it. :confused:

Jajsmom
11-09-2010, 04:42 PM
My kids wanted guitars this Christmas. I saw the paper jams but aren't impressed with them. They would be fun for younger kids. Toys R us this past Sunday had paper jam guitars either 19.99 or 24.99 with a free strap with purchase. Then sunday only, amps and drums were 50% off. I didn't get any though.

calv
11-22-2010, 02:50 PM
can you just get the guitar or do you need the amp as well?

Sweetpea972
11-22-2010, 05:20 PM
You don't need the amp. I just got this for my 3 year old (who loves music) and he loves it. He's a little too young for it because there is a lot you can do with it that he just doesn't get yet. My DH was just playing around with it and was impressed. I bought it at target yesterday...it's on sale for $18 something and I used the $5 off coupon in the toy book and got it for around $13. Cheapest I have found it.

calv
11-22-2010, 05:27 PM
You don't need the amp. I just got this for my 3 year old (who loves music) and he loves it. He's a little too young for it because there is a lot you can do with it that he just doesn't get yet. My DH was just playing around with it and was impressed. I bought it at target yesterday...it's on sale for $18 something and I used the $5 off coupon in the toy book and got it for around $13. Cheapest I have found it.

this is what I did. thanks for your reply. it was very helpful. All I purchased @ target was just the guitar, didn't even get the strap for it or the amp, which I'm tempted to go back & get both. so whats' the point of the amp if you don't need it?

KrisM
11-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Big Lots has them for $19.99 and they come with a strap.

maybeebaby08
11-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Can someone please clue me in as to what these are? I saw them at Target the other day and didn't know what they were!!! I have a hard to buy for nephew and am wondering if he'd like this? I looked at the site and still don't get it. :confused:

I babysit an 8yo and he has a few of these guitars and its the first toy all the friends of any age go for. I think they're way too expensive for basically a paper guitar that plays a few songs but they get played wiith everyday by DD & the 8yo (who are both big music fans.) Its a great weight/size for kids. The amp never gets played with and we don't use a strap either.

calv
11-22-2010, 08:50 PM
i thought it was weird that you can only do 2 or so songs each. is that all you can do w/them? tactic to get us to buy more than one instrument/guitar? ;)

maybeebaby08
11-22-2010, 09:24 PM
i thought it was weird that you can only do 2 or so songs each. is that all you can do w/them? tactic to get us to buy more than one instrument/guitar? ;)

Yes, you only get a few songs. When the kids play with them they rarely actually use the songs on there, they usually turn on the Ipod and dance/jam to the other songs.

alien_host
11-23-2010, 05:36 PM
I noticed that Target has them for $18.99 until 11/24 and that there should be a $5 off Target coupon in the Target Toy Book (or look online), I believe. I don't have my flyer handy but I read this on another site.

HTH.

ohiomom1121
11-23-2010, 05:41 PM
I noticed that Target has them for $18.99 until 11/24 and that there should be a $5 off Target coupon in the Target Toy Book (or look online), I believe. I don't have my flyer handy but I read this on another site.

HTH.
They have tons of those toy books with coupons in the toy section. I just picked one up for my nephew for $13.99!

I babysit an 8yo and he has a few of these guitars and its the first toy all the friends of any age go for. I think they're way too expensive for basically a paper guitar that plays a few songs but they get played wiith everyday by DD & the 8yo (who are both big music fans.) Its a great weight/size for kids. The amp never gets played with and we don't use a strap either.
Thanks, my nephew is 7 so hopefully it's a hit!