PDA

View Full Version : Help! How can I remove permenent ink from a comforter?

reneed
11-08-2010, 10:51 PM
DS drew a beautiful picture for me on a new comforter with a sharpie - any ideas how to remove it? I tried Hairspray, alcohol and greased lightning so far with no luck :(

boltfam
11-09-2010, 02:13 AM
DS drew a beautiful picture for me on a new comforter with a sharpie - any ideas how to remove it? I tried Hairspray, alcohol and greased lightning so far with no luck :(

When you say alcohol, was it rubbing alcohol? That's how I got ink out of my comforter that my DS drew on. GL!

reneed
11-09-2010, 02:15 AM
It was. Urgh. The bottle is about a year old, maybe I need to go get a new bottle. I wonder if alcohol goes bad?

Thatchermom
11-09-2010, 03:59 AM
There is a product called Amodex that removes most inks from fabrics. It is what the Sharpie company recommended to us to remove ink from a light yellow chair.

boltfam
11-09-2010, 04:20 PM
It was. Urgh. The bottle is about a year old, maybe I need to go get a new bottle. I wonder if alcohol goes bad?

I know if it sits too long without the cover on, it basically turns into water. I remember this from my high school chemistry class....wow, that's reaching pretty far back. Rubbing alcohol is so cheap, I would try a new bottle. The Amodex sounds like a really good bet, too.

reneed
11-10-2010, 02:11 AM
OK, the hairspray, alcohol (new bottle) and greased lightning combo worked on the comforter and it is TOTALLY off - but the area on the sheets didn't budge. I'm going to try the stuff they recommend. Any idea where to find it? Thank you sooo much everyone!