PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to miss all the sales...

sariana
11-09-2010, 02:18 AM
DH returns from deployment on November 23, at night. He will have to report to the base on the 24th. The TRU and Target coupons expire on the 24th. So I will miss these opportunities because I always have DD with me, so I can't do any shopping for her or on Santa's behalf for anyone.

I'm worried that some of the things I'm eyeing at Costco will be gone by then, too.

I suppose I could shop online, but I really don't like to do that.:(

Maybe I should have posted in the BP. Sorry.

marit
11-09-2010, 02:26 AM
Be happy that your DH comes home from deployment. Toys come and go.

citymama
11-09-2010, 02:40 AM
Sales, schmales. Enjoy having your DH back!

KrisM
11-09-2010, 06:54 AM
Be happy that your DH comes home from deployment. Toys come and go.

:yeahthat:

But, she's 2? I totally shop with DS2 and he's 2. He will absolutely not remember what I buy. I'm sure he doesn't remember what we bought yesterday and it included presents for both DS1 and DD from Santa. I am sure he'll be there when I buy his stuff as well. I've always shopped with my kids until they're preschool age and then I go while they're in school.

o_mom
11-09-2010, 08:08 AM
But, she's 2? I totally shop with DS2 and he's 2. He will absolutely not remember what I buy. I'm sure he doesn't remember what we bought yesterday and it included presents for both DS1 and DD from Santa. I am sure he'll be there when I buy his stuff as well. I've always shopped with my kids until they're preschool age and then I go while they're in school.

:yeahthat: At 2 or even close to 3, I wouldn't even worry about having her. I still shop for gifts with DS3 at 3.5. Many times I will stick my coat in the cart basket and slide things under it. When I get to the checkout, I ask the cashier to keep them out of sight while I distract with the evil checkout toys. Get the stuff at Costco now and you can always return it. :)

KrisM
11-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Another idea - do you have some friends with kids about the same age? I got away with buyingthings "for Andy" for a long time. And now, when UPS comes and the kids want to open the box, I tell them it's a surprise for Andy and his mom had it delivered here. Yes, they still buy it at 4.5 and 6.5!

Andy's mom buys a lot for my kids as well :).

Seitvonzu
11-09-2010, 09:59 AM
krism-- that's hysterical! i might need to borrow "andy" around here as we get older....now that i think of it, i sometimes say "oh , that's a gift for t " or "l" -- those are lu's cousins, so i guess i sorta do the same thing :)

but before about 6 months ago i just bought stuff, right in front of lu without even attempting to hide it. i also would open packages in front of her, so much so that she actually can get into a mailed package-- BY HERSELF now. packing tape is nothing to my child!

KrisM
11-09-2010, 10:09 AM
krism-- that's hysterical! i might need to borrow "andy" around here as we get older....now that i think of it, i sometimes say "oh , that's a gift for t " or "l" -- those are lu's cousins, so i guess i sorta do the same thing :)

but before about 6 months ago i just bought stuff, right in front of lu without even attempting to hide it. i also would open packages in front of her, so much so that she actually can get into a mailed package-- BY HERSELF now. packing tape is nothing to my child!

Andy is DS1's best friend who lives nearby, so it works well, since DS1 at 3ish got that things were a surprise and since they are the same age and like the same things, it made total sense. Often, they did get the same things, too, so he would see it over Andy's house at some point.