PDA

View Full Version : how long until period after Mirena removal?

almostmom
11-09-2010, 12:43 PM
It's been 5 weeks since I had my Mirena removed. And no period! I really don't think I could be pregnant. I did have very minor spotting about 2 weeks in, and over the last week have been having some minor PMS symptoms such as sore breasts and back ache. But nothing major.

Anyone BTDT?

I want to get a handle on my natural cycle, really just out of curiosity, before getting a paraguard.

Upon writing this, I know it sounds like I could be pregnant, but I really don't think that's the case. But I guess that is why I want to get a take on other people's experience...

alirebco
11-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Ok, I'm probably not the norm here but it took me 82 days to get my period after getting the Mirena out. It was so frustrating. I guess it just took my body longer to get the hormones out of my system and for my body to return back to normal.

nrp
11-09-2010, 01:43 PM
I had a light period two or three days after removal, as did my SIL (although hers was heavier and longer). I had a "regular" cycle length (29 days) the next month (hard to say what regular is since I've only had one period in five years between pregnancy, BFing and mirena!). But, I suspect that there is a wide range of normal.