PDA

View Full Version : Where do you keep your dish towel/dish cloth?

Babywhite
11-09-2010, 01:47 PM
During the day, where do you keep your dish cloth (to wipe off the table, countertops, etc.) -- hanging over the sink divider, folded on the counter, hanging on a cabinet door hook?

What about the dish towel you use to dry your hands? I have mine on a ring hook on the cabinet door, but the water from my hands always gets the floor wet when I (and others) are going from the sink to the towel?

What do you do?

longtallsally05
11-09-2010, 01:51 PM
I keep them hanging up, draped over a little bar so they can dry. I have a three-arm thing that sticks to the wall (suction cup); the arms swing freely and I can keep bibs, dish cloths etc there while they dry. The dish towel I usually keep on top of whatever is drying in the dish rack. Can't keep it over the oven door b/c DS keeps snatching it and "cleaning" the floor with it!

maestramommy
11-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Our dish towel is hanging on the top oven door handle
Our hand towel is hanging on a hook over the sink.

Indianamom2
11-09-2010, 02:23 PM
My hand towel and dish drying towel are hanging on the handle of the oven door.

I would love to move the dish towel because DD sometimes grabs that instead of the hand towel...but there just aren't any other good places in my kitchen to hang anything.

bostonsmama
11-09-2010, 02:34 PM
We keep a trifolded towel over the door of the sink base cabinet (so, right under the sink). The few droplets that might get on the floor from the milisecond it takes for me to grab the towel with both hands evaporate quickly. DH also keeps a dish towel folded in half next to the sink to catch hand-washed cutting boards and such. Every once in a while we'll pat our hands there. Since we don't dry dishes with dish towels (it's just there as padding to air dry items), we don't worry so much about germs, etc.

melonpan
11-09-2010, 05:10 PM
i love command hooks. i added two to a wall cabinette right next to my sink. the cabinette knobs were too low and dishtowels hung on them got in the way.

heres a link if you dont know what command hooks are. i love them esp because they suit my temperamental personality. they come off w/o residue. if youre afraid of commitment, these are for you!

http://bit.ly/aW9AgB