PDA

View Full Version : Overnite diaper question

BabbyO
11-09-2010, 04:05 PM
DS is 16 mo old. He sleeps from about 8 pm to 7 am. He wets, and wets and wets at night. We used to get him up and change his diaper before we went to be at 10 pm. But after a while that didn't even work and he'd wet through the diaper. So around 10 mo we started using overnight diapers (at night only). So far, we've had very few wet mornings. However, for the last week he's wet through the overnight again every night. I'd just size up, but he's at the very bottom of the weight range (he's 24 lbs and the size 4 diapes we're using are supposed to be for 22-37 lbs) for the diaper and I'm concerned that the bigger diaper might not fit very well.

For the last couple of nights we've resorted to changing him before we go to bed again but this wakes him up and I don't think it makes sense to disrupt his sleep.

Anyone have any suggestions. Should we just size up? Different brand? Other suggestions?

TIA

Kaylee31
11-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Have you tried 2 diapers at once? Putting the one on normally, then another (maybe try a size 5) on backwards over it? Never tried this myself, but seen it suggested a lot. What brand are you using? I use Huggies little movers w/DS, and never change him during the night. He's very soggy in the morning, but never has leaks.

PunkyBoo
11-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Ok, this sounds gross, but I have heard this suggestion from many other moms, so it might be worth a try. Get some big Kotex pads, cut them in half, and stick one to the inside front of the overnight diaper. The diaper should still fit, but it will be an extra surface to help absorb the liquid. Also, try limiting drinks after dinner to lighten up the pee-load overnight.

longtallsally05
11-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Huggies Overnights work for us. I've often found that when my kids leak, sizing up helps even if they are at the very bottom of the weight scale for the next size.

edurnemk
11-09-2010, 05:11 PM
When we use disposable diapers, we put in some kind of doubler, like a gDiaper insert, or like PP suggested a Kotex pad (you have to cut the plastic backing out). We also resorted to using a diaper cover, regardless of wether he's wearing a disposable or cloth diaper. We use a fleece cover, since it's pretty water repellant so it keeps leaks inside.

BabbyO
11-09-2010, 05:46 PM
We're using Huggies overnites, too. Like I said, he's at the very bottom of the size 4's that we are using (22 - 37 lbs) and he's only 24 lbs.

I may have to try the Kotex thing...