PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to split a set of Bitty Twins?

spanannie
11-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Getting AG for oldest DD, but need to get an appropriate doll for 2.5 year old sis. I don't really want to give her 2 dolls. If you are interested in splitting a set, PM me and we can work something out. Thanks!

newg
11-10-2010, 03:59 PM
They make singular bitty babbies too.
Look at corelle dolls. They are very similar to AG dolls.

DD1, 2.5 has a bitty baby, which I feel is a little too big for her right now, so I"ve stowed it away for later.......I got her a 12'' corelle doll and she loves it.

spanannie
11-10-2010, 04:54 PM
They make singular bitty babbies too.
Look at corelle dolls. They are very similar to AG dolls.

DD1, 2.5 has a bitty baby, which I feel is a little too big for her right now, so I"ve stowed it away for later.......I got her a 12'' corelle doll and she loves it.

The Corelles are great and we have several, but, since I'm getting older DD a doll that has hair, I was wanting to get younger DD one of the toddler type dolls with hair, too. She's really into having stuff just like big sis.

babyready
11-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Oh, I would have done this a few weeks ago but ended up just buying one of the bitty twins. It cost a little more... like $55 and isn't the "kit" or whatever but it worked. We didn't need two more babies either but really wanted the hair!

Good luck!

lhafer
11-10-2010, 08:46 PM
There is a Corolle doll that has hair: http://www.amazon.com/Corolle-Classic-Baby-Chouquette-Blonde/dp/B000FPHGRA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1289436285&sr=8-9

I split the Bitty Twins with a coworker earlier this year. I gave the Bitty Twin to my 4 year old as a gift when we had our second child. Now, after seeing an American Girl catalog, she's asking if her "Mary" can have a boyfriend!! :hysterical: Sometimes I wish I would have just bought both, as now that her imagination is really coming along, it would have been nice for her to be able to play with both of them. I may end up getting her the second doll for her birthday.

spanannie
11-10-2010, 10:01 PM
There is a Corolle doll that has hair: http://www.amazon.com/Corolle-Classic-Baby-Chouquette-Blonde/dp/B000FPHGRA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1289436285&sr=8-9

I split the Bitty Twins with a coworker earlier this year. I gave the Bitty Twin to my 4 year old as a gift when we had our second child. Now, after seeing an American Girl catalog, she's asking if her "Mary" can have a boyfriend!! :hysterical: Sometimes I wish I would have just bought both, as now that her imagination is really coming along, it would have been nice for her to be able to play with both of them. I may end up getting her the second doll for her birthday.

Adorable Corolle doll; she actually even looks like my daughter. Just a little too late, though, since about an hour ago I bit the bullet and ordered the single bitty twin over the phone. Thanks for your help!

WitMom
11-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Wait a minute....you can order a single bitty twin? Really? You may have just changed my entire Christmas plan for DD2!

spanannie
11-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Yes, but you have to get it from a store. I had one shipped to me.

WitMom
11-14-2010, 10:31 PM
This changes everything! Seriously! We live near a store, so no problem there. Thanks for the tip. I had no idea!

lhafer
11-15-2010, 08:34 AM
This changes everything! Seriously! We live near a store, so no problem there. Thanks for the tip. I had no idea!

Sure can! They are the same size as Bitty Baby, so those accessories will work for the Bitty twin.