PDA

View Full Version : Imaginext for a 2.5 year old?

KrisM
11-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Is that too young? We don't have any Imaginext toys. I'm wondering about the aircraft carrier (http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Imaginext-Sky-Racers-Carrier/dp/B00388GQQ8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1289425097&sr=8-4)for DS2. I'm trying to find an airplane type of toy.

vonfirmath
11-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Is that too young? We don't have any Imaginext toys. I'm wondering about the aircraft carrier (http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Imaginext-Sky-Racers-Carrier/dp/B00388GQQ8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1289425097&sr=8-4)for DS2. I'm trying to find an airplane type of toy.

My son got his first one for his 3rd birthday and LOVED it -- so probably depends on the kid.

WatchingThemGrow
11-10-2010, 05:51 PM
I think it would be great. DS1 has had the Ocean Boat since 2.5, and he's done well with it. I wanted the aircraft carrier (B2G1) but DH begged for the construction set. argh.

SnuggleBuggles
11-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Mine plays with Imaginext all the time.

Beth

GaPeach_in_Ca
11-10-2010, 06:43 PM
I agree, totally fine. My DS is 2.5 and he really likes the Imaginext we have (Dragon castle and the castle previous to that). He's been playing with it for at least a year.

His favorite pieces are the ones that fire something, i.e. the cannon. :) hahahaha

KrisM
11-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Great! I checked it out today. Should have bought it Monday when it was on sale. Oh well. I do think he'll like it. DS1 has never done imaginative play like those, so we've never had them.

kristac
11-10-2010, 09:01 PM
The aircraft carrier looks fun! I can definately see a 2.5 year old enjoying it.

vonfirmath
11-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Great! I checked it out today. Should have bought it Monday when it was on sale. Oh well. I do think he'll like it. DS1 has never done imaginative play like those, so we've never had them.

My son just started doing imaginative play within the last few months. (He turned 3 in August) (I had begun to think he just was not an imaginative play kid! But evidently they are NOT born "playing pretend" Though he still doesn't do it as much as I did when a kid.)

So my guess is your son is close to this breakthrough.

KrisM
11-11-2010, 10:47 AM
My son just started doing imaginative play within the last few months. (He turned 3 in August) (I had begun to think he just was not an imaginative play kid! But evidently they are NOT born "playing pretend" Though he still doesn't do it as much as I did when a kid.)

So my guess is your son is close to this breakthrough.

DS1 is 6.5 :). DD does a ton of imaginative play. DS2 does a little. DS1 never has. I've tried and he'll do a little and then ask to play a board game, do Legos, Snap Circuits, etc. Just not into figures and storylines, etc. The little he did was with Thomas trains, but really he more enjoyed setting up the tracks than making stories of the engines. Just not his thing.