PDA

View Full Version : Kohl's Credit Card?

Pinky
11-10-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm considering signing up for a Kohl's Credit Card so that I can get their big discount offers. Does anyone know if they offer specials where it's better to sign up for the card at certain times of year etc? Or should I just go ahead and apply for one whenever? I know some places have specials where when you sign up for their card you get a special offer.

We don't have any store specific credit cards, but the deals with the Kohl's card seem too good to pass up.

army_mom
11-10-2010, 10:11 PM
I think you just get an additional percentage off on the day you sign up. Normally it is an additional 10% I think but it may be an additional 20% as well. I don't think it matters to much when you sign up as they are normally very similar all the time.

inmypjs
11-10-2010, 10:42 PM
I also don't think it matters when you sign up. My understanding is that you'll get a coupon for 10 or 15% off your first purchase - I can't remember exactly. Kohls is the only store card I have and use - and IMHO it's totally worth it. Lots of extra coupons as a cardholder!

poohbear
11-10-2010, 10:53 PM
It doesn't really matter when you sign up. The extra percentage is not stackable, and they always offer some percentage. We joke that kohls' is having their lowest prices of the day sale.
But seriously, it is one of the only store credit cards I really think is worth having because they always do have some sort of discount and it is a great store.
Right now they are having the 15/20/30 sale and $10 kohls cash for every $50 you spend...
HTH! :)

stratosphere03
11-10-2010, 11:02 PM
I finally gave in and signed up during their last 15-20-30% coupon deal. I was able to use the 30% online code right away, which was better than any sign-up bonus I have seen. (My sign-up bonus was 15% off and I could not stack it.)

ohsara430
11-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Right now cardholders can get 30% off with code HOLIDAYGIFT and free shipping with code FREE4MVC. Don't think it makes any difference when you get the card, but it's been worth having IMO.

DrSally
11-11-2010, 10:00 PM
:yeahthat:
I also don't think it matters when you sign up. My understanding is that you'll get a coupon for 10 or 15% off your first purchase - I can't remember exactly. Kohls is the only store card I have and use - and IMHO it's totally worth it. Lots of extra coupons as a cardholder!