PDA

View Full Version : need new dishwasher ASAP

lmh2402
11-10-2010, 10:23 PM
our stupid dishwasher died today

we want to replace asap

i've got some sort of virus/stomach bug so i'm low on energy and time. i'm "shopping" online only - no time to get to store and look in person

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

every model/brand i look at seems to have some great reviews, and then some really awful ones...isn't that always the way

priorities:
1. cleans thoroughly each time
2. quiet
3. good capacity/layout
4. dries (but if i have to dry some stuff, i'm ok with that)

we had a bosch in our apartment and it left things pretty wet and often had a funky smell. and in reading a number of bosch reviews tonight, it seems the smell issue might be something of a brand-affliction. so i'm a little wary of them

three that we are considering are:
GE Profile Dishwasher PDWT580RSS
Kenmore Pro 1317[3]
Maytag JetClean Plus 24" Built-In Dishwasher with Fully Integrated Door (MDB8959AW)

if anyone has one of the above, please let me know what you like/don't like

if anyone has a dishwasher that they absolutely love/highly recommend, please let me know that as well

thanks

lmh2402
11-11-2010, 10:08 AM
bumping once, just in case anyone can help

thanks

TwoBees
11-11-2010, 10:17 AM
I can tell you that we have a Frigidaire and it is as loud as can be!

Of the three brands you mentioned, I personally would choose the Maytag or Kenmore over the GE.

jess_g
11-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Its not one you mentioned but we have a Kenmore Ultra Wash with something called quietguard that is pretty quiet. We have had it for about 4 yrs with no problems and it was top rated at the time with Consumer Reports. you might want to check and see what they are top rating now as I am sure it has changed.

Jessica.

mikala
11-11-2010, 10:53 AM
We bought an Asko earlier this year. It's not as widely available as a lot of the other brands but we really liked the features and have been pleased with its performance. We also looked at Bosch but heard similar things about the way they air dry poorly. The Asko seemed to have more interior space than some of the other brands because the bottom rack is very low to the ground. The rack design is useful and there's enough height to put a regular sized plate on the upper rack. It has a built-in fan to help with air drying so things dry faster without heat. The front latch is somewhat recessed so it's harder for kiddos to figure out.

crazydiamond
11-11-2010, 10:59 AM
These two were in the top 4 on Consumer reports.

KitchenAid KUDE70CV[SS]

Kenmore Elite UltraWash HE 1315

I have a GE profile, different model, about two years old. It is okay, no major complaints. I got the one with the disposal in it, I don't like cleaning screens.

BillK
11-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Check Home Depot - my one girl here at the office said they are having an insane appliance deal starting this Friday.

sbirmantaz
11-11-2010, 11:18 AM
I second an Asko! We love ours. The one we have doesn't have an adjustable upper rack, but I found I don't need it to move. It has an amazing amount of space! Tall travel mugs fit easily. It dries well too.

hellokitty
11-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Avoid frigidaire and electrolux. I HATE our electrolux so much, it's a POS.

mikala
11-11-2010, 03:36 PM
I second an Asko! We love ours. The one we have doesn't have an adjustable upper rack, but I found I don't need it to move. It has an amazing amount of space! Tall travel mugs fit easily. It dries well too.

Same here, we have the fixed rack as well. We upgraded from an old GE Profile dishwasher and I was amazed by how much more the new Asko held the first few times we loaded it.

MommyAllison
11-11-2010, 05:24 PM
We love our KitchenAid, we bought it almost 2 years ago and it definitely fulfills the first 3 things on your wishlist. I always turn off the heat dry, so no comment there. My parents have had a KitchenAid dishwasher for about 15 years, and love theirs too. Good luck!