PDA

View Full Version : Sure this has been asked - Skinney jeans for moms w/ hips?

junebaby07
11-11-2010, 10:52 AM
So I'd like to find some "skinny" jeans that I can wear tucked into boots this winter. I am probably a size 12 post baby (unfortunately) w/ some decent hips. I am working out and hope to be down to an 8 or at least a 10, but in the meantime I'd like to find something cute and not too expensive to tide me over while I am losing baby weight.

I am short (a bit under 5'3") and dont' want something low rise (due to mommy tummy / muffin top). I've had good luck with Ann Taylor / Ann Taylor Loft petite pants in the past.

Any recs?

beckyr88
11-11-2010, 01:11 PM
I just got a pair of (maternity) skinny jeans from Old Navy--I figure the bottoms will be covered up by the boots and the booty will be covered by a longer sweater, so I didn't worry as much about how it looked on top. I really like them. HTH!

Now if I could find the tall boots....I'd be all set.....

kwc
11-11-2010, 02:01 PM
I just got a pair of Levi's Bold Curve skinny jeans and like them... not TOO skinny, wide enough in the hips/seat and nipped in in the back so there is no gapping (!!!). They are medium rise/ fairly muffin top friendly, I think and come in a variety of lengths... I have the 32"length as that is what they had and bought a pair of straight jeans with a 30" rise and they are on the edge of not long enough (I am just over 5'3" but shorter in torso/ longer in the legs).

If you have a Levi's store near you, I'd give them a try... not cheap at $70 but half of what I had been paying for _any_ pair that did not leave a big peek-a-boo gap in the back (I tried the Gap Curvy and Old Navy and they still gapped a lot). As always, the different washes fit differently... the one I have is "Bellflower Blue" and it seems more forgiving.