PDA

View Full Version : What are you buying for your 16-18 month old for Christmas?

daisymommy
11-11-2010, 11:04 AM
DS#2 will be 16 (almost 17) months at Christmas. He is our third child, and yet I cannot remember what the big hits were at this age. I'm at a loss for what to get him for Christmas.

He is bored with his ring stackers, shape sorters, stacking/nesting cups, soft & chubby rolling cars. He's getting really fussy and dependent on my interaction lately, and I can't help thinking that alot of it is due to boredom.

But it doesn't seem he is ready for puzzles or Little People yet. I do have some put away for him though. Maybe I should pull them out to see how he does with them. I also have board books & the Laugh & Learn Home (which is about the only thing he enjoys right now).

He isn't walking yet, but I do have push/pull toys and the Radio Flyer Walker Wagon left over from his siblings.

I was thinking about the Learn & Groove Table since he likes the House so much. Do you think he's past the age where it makes sense to buy it? I kind of hate noisy toys, but if it keeps him happy--oh well.

So, what you are buying your DC for Christmas?

KrisM
11-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Last year's favorite gift for DS2, who was 17 months, was the Discovery Toys Castle Marbleworks (http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/esuite/control/product?PURCHASE_STATE=STANDARD&product_id=1756). It gets regular play still. He got the FP Stand n Play Rampway for his birthday and that was a hit, too.

Jenn27
11-11-2010, 11:59 AM
DD was 16 months at Easter and we did a bunch of art supplies (from Stubby Pencil Studio) and she loved it! Several types of crayons (rocks, stars, chubby), markers, chubby pencils, dough. Definitely a hit!
I think the walker wagon would be great, especially if he's not walking. DD also loved chunk puzzles a that age!

indigo99
11-11-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm having a tough time coming up with gifts for DS.
So far, I'm looking at getting him a doll if I can find a deal on the blue Calin.

I'd love to get him a nice tub toy if I could find one that I like.

He fell in love the the bumblebee pillow pet at BBB, but I haven't decided if I want him to have it.

He LOVES books so I've ordered a bunch from Better World Books (I hate paying full price for books and don't mind used).

We got a push trike that is technically a Christmas gift, but I already put it together and tried it out with him.

KrisM
11-11-2010, 03:12 PM
He fell in love the the bumblebee pillow pet at BBB, but I haven't decided if I want him to have it.

I forgot that DS2 got a Pillow Pet last year as well. It's his pillow in his bed now and he really likes it. It's never used as a pet, but he likes that it's a giraffe pillow.

charmcitymom
11-11-2010, 05:47 PM
My little guy is 15 months old now and he LOVES Little People. He has a ramp, the farm, the bus and plane and some stray pieces. We have the Learn and Groove table but I feel that he's old for it now. I keep it in the laundry room for when he's keeping me company but he doesn't enjoy it that much. He also loves his "corn popper" pull/push toy. I've put an easel and art supplies, legos, leap frog tag jr and books, books and a couple of fridge toys (matching animals and the letters from leapfrog) on his Christmas wish list. He also enjoys his books, puzzles, musical instruments and activity cube (zany zoo from Target).

Have fun!

kijip
11-11-2010, 06:15 PM
F loves duplos, has since about 18 months.

WatchingThemGrow
11-11-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm going attic-shopping for Little People, Together Tunes block, and ALL the big plastic stuff for the last time!!!

DebbieJ
11-11-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm going attic-shopping for Little People, Together Tunes block, and ALL the big plastic stuff for the last time!!!

me too!

I also want the Leapfrog Fridge Phonics. I didn't get those with DS1.

pastrygirl
11-11-2010, 07:10 PM
I just discovered the Wow trucks/toys. I got him the helicopter set and the dump truck. He LOVES the Word Whammer we have.

Kaylee31
11-11-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm getting DS a Step2 sports climber http://www.amazon.com/Step2-All-Star-Sports-Climber/dp/B0015GMFNS and a PBK anywhere chair. I'm not really sure about little gifts though. Probably some toddler instruments. I'm having the same problem, he seems very bored at home and wants me to hold or play with him all the time. So I need to find fun new things and toys for him to play with.