PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get Recall Parts from Maclaren-PITA!!!

robinsmommy
11-11-2010, 12:21 PM
I am cross-posting this because this is such lousy service - I'd want to know if I was looking at strollers. And to clarify, my second e-mail did include all the info off the sticker on the crossbars.

So, I had two pre-recall Mac strollers, one for at home, and one for at Gramma's (we have a small car and fitting the stroller in when we go over was not a possibility.) They want the info from the strollers, but of course I couldn't get it for the one at Oma's - my MIL is 81 and has bad knees, I am not about to call and ask her to stoop under the pool table in the basement, pull out the stroller and try to find and read the little tiny number sequence they have on there.

So we finally brought the stroller back, I dug out my old e-mail from Mac, asked AGAIN for the second set of parts (which I asked for on the original form and did not receive), and they now want pictures of my stroller, sorry for the incovenience?!?!?

EXCUSE ME, YOU HAVE A RECALL AND YOU ARE MAKING IT HARD FOR ME TO GET THE REPAIR PARTS?!?!!? I AM SO ANNOYED. THIS IS SUCH ROTTEN SERVICE.

Now where is that little angry ranting smiley? Or maybe the devilish one? I think I will try to find the CEO's address and CC the whole thing off....so, so insane.

arivecchi
11-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Did you try the website recall page? I did it all online and no pictures or serial numbers were required - just my name and address.

http://recall.maclaren.us/order.php

It was easy peasy.

robinsmommy
11-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Yep, tried that the first time, got one set for the first stroller, and getting the second set is not so easy. I just don't get it - I can't imagine that I am the only person who has two strollers, nor can I imagine that people are getting recall parts and selling them online or something - why should it be so hard to get these?

okinawama
11-11-2010, 04:25 PM
I know someone who also tried to get a replacement part for their Maclaren and got a huge run around. She went on their facebook site, wrote something on their wall, and she received an email within a day or two. Not sure if it works twice, but maybe. Good luck, I'd be so frustrated!

robinsmommy
11-11-2010, 06:14 PM
I've sent off their photos, and managed not to make it into a nasty gram (though I think terse might apply....) - of course, the first photo of the label was unreadable, and then the batteries died in the camera...argh.

Of course, there is no name or other ID on that e-mail they sent.

arivecchi
11-11-2010, 06:16 PM
If the issue is requesting a second recall part for the same home, why not have one sent to a neighbor or family member?

Smillow
11-11-2010, 09:41 PM
I have 2 Maclarens & didn't have any trouble getting 2 sets of hinge covers. It did take a long time though...