PDA

View Full Version : Calico critters - any deals out there?

almostmom
11-11-2010, 01:07 PM
DD really wants some calico critters, for her birthday or xmas. She loves the dollhouse, and says she could play with her other animals in it too. But the price just kills me, especially because I got her a dollhouse last year for xmas, which she likes, but has been moved to the basement because her room is so small, so doesn't get played with too much anymore. The same thing could eventually happen with this dollhouse as well I guess, though I would let her have it in her room for awhile.

SO, any place to get discounts on the dollhouse, or the characters? It all seems so outrageously expensive to me.

Thanks!

ohiomom1121
11-11-2010, 01:14 PM
TRU has the furnished set on sale for $119, plus you can buy a family for $9.99.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4290838

Seitvonzu
11-11-2010, 02:45 PM
our inlaws are gifting our daughter with a boatload of this stuff for the holidays/her birthday. i'm sure they didn't look for deals--but i did link this site when MIL asked for ideas:

www.liveandlearn.com

if you aren't in maryland, this site has very good prices. if you ARE in maryland (we are) you pay sales tax that sorta negates their "lower" prices. they are also running at 10% discount on top of all their lowered prices right now as a holiday special.

toys r us's "regular" (not sale) prices seem to be msrp to me... but i haven't looked in a couple weeks (and you know how toys r us can change!) -- they were offering a free family for a while (that's a pretty good deal) if you were spending 100 dollars or more...

Seitvonzu
11-11-2010, 03:08 PM
one more thing about live and learn-- they are really TOPS for customer service. if you have questions about anything they are extremely nice and stand behind there products. they are a really great website for people who are gunshy about internet ordering-- i wouldn't hesitate in tellingpeople to use that website!

almostmom
11-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks guys.

The price on live and learn for the town house is really good, but without any furniture or animals, I think the toys r us deal is the best ($129 for a family, 2 additional animals, and lots of furniture sets). I forwarded it to my mom to see if she'll bite! Fingers crossed...

Seitvonzu
11-11-2010, 03:57 PM
i think the toys r us price for an "all in one set" is really good after looking at it more carefully. if your mom has any of the toy book coupons, maybe they would stack if this deal is available in store? (is it online only? i didn't check)

the townhouse is really cute- it's the one that our local toy store has on display and kids really love it :)