PDA

View Full Version : cute wooden vanity at ToyRUs

Seitvonzu
11-11-2010, 02:25 PM
A couple weeks ago i was using my 10 off 50 coupon and walked past the FAO section at my toys R us. i noticed that they had a wooden vanity set (pretend hair dryer/lipstick/powder/comb/etc) and a friend had been looking for something like that so i took note that the price was 10!!! (the retail is 40, its' a FAO thing) i bought three sets-- one for DD , one for friend and one for the gift closet (probably niece)

i just opened my set to make sure it was nice, since i bought three :) i was a little worried about the "realism" but ...i think it's great :) it has three lipsticks w/lids, a little perfume bottle,a little lotion pot, a hairdyer, eyeshadow...the box is nice with lots of compartments. i think it will make a few 3 year old girls REALLY happy on christmas morning :)

there is a less pink wooden set out there, but it's really pricey (more than 50? maybe) and really, if you are going for "no pink" you probably aren't going for cosmetics anyway, right? this is not princessy or barbie...so i think that's a step up.

i'm pretty sure its' a close-out since it's not online anymore, but ithink it's worth checking your local Toys R Us if you are there anyway. there is a 5 off 50 coupon that recently was mailed out JUST for the FAO stuff. hope this can help someone- it's a really cute toy!

Jenn27
11-11-2010, 02:29 PM
We have this and love it! I ordered it straight from FAO in the spring for $15 bc it was $40 at TRU! I recently saw it for $10. Definitely worth it!

cntrymoon2
11-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Sounds cute! Is it this one? Or similar to it?
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/fao-schwarz-wooden-vanity-kit-penelope-cosmetic-case-reviews

sewarsh
11-11-2010, 05:49 PM
we have it too! going to be a xmas gift.

calv
11-11-2010, 06:35 PM
so cute! Anyone have the TRU info/number to please post it on here? so it's only $10 now? Would be such a GREAT gift. SUPER CUTE! Thanks for the heads up

Seitvonzu
11-11-2010, 09:09 PM
yes-- that link above is the one! i'm not sure where my reciept is but could they look it up by the name of the item? it was marked 9.99 on the shelf (and rang up 9.99) & you can use a coupon... so ours ended up being 8 dollars :)

good luck!

maybeebaby08
11-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks OP, DD will love this! They also had wooden Dr. Kits & wooden toolbox sets marked down to $14.99.

Melaine
11-11-2010, 10:47 PM
I had these saved for the girls birthday, but ended up going light on the birthday gifts, so they will be for Christmas. I am very excited about giving them to them, I think they are SOOOO cute. I think they will LOVE them.

heatherandlouis
11-11-2010, 11:21 PM
We bought one tonight and it is super cute. They were marked full price at my store and rang up on sale.

calv
11-12-2010, 03:29 PM
thank you again for sharing this. Just picked one up! <3 is it XMAS morning yet?!??!

Binkandabee
11-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Thank you so much for posting this! I picked one up for DD#2 who is absolutely going to love this.

iaam
11-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I needed to make a return at TRU/BRU today anyway and picked one up as gift for DS' (girl) friend.

alien_host
11-15-2010, 01:35 PM
I searched the FAO section of my store and couldn't find it. :( There was no shelf tag either so maybe they never had it. I did see a bunch of cute wooden food sets though...not that I need any of those!

Oh and I received a $5 off $50 FAO purchase in the mail today, not great but something if you need FAO items.

Seitvonzu
11-15-2010, 03:19 PM
alien-- i totally threw away the FAO coupon knowing that i'd be tempted by MORE FOOD SETS :) i really like the sweets... but we have several (yes several) cakes, mama knit cupcakes (TONS, a dozen just halloween...if that gives you an idea), candy, petit fours, sweet buns, cookies,ice cream sets (yes, setS plural), etcetc. it's really quite out of control around here :)

i'd have to get 3 playfood SETS to use the coupon, so , byebye coupon! :) (i'm waiting for my le toy van breakfast set....the only thing that keeps pace with the sweets in our playfood collection is breakfast sets...apparently i cannot get enough ;)

savvymom
11-15-2010, 07:43 PM
So weird, I picked it up at my local store today and it rang up full price. Such a bummer! It looked so cute and was heavy!

3isthelimit
12-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Sorry to pull up an old thread, but thought I might remind folks of this cute set!
I went in my local TRU today and they had ONE set left. I checked the price and it had been clearanced to $4.99!!!:cheerleader1:

I had a $3 off $3 or more purchase (birthday club) so the total was like $2.14!! Even the cashier was impressed!

Seitvonzu
12-13-2010, 04:52 PM
3isthelimit-- GREAT SCORE!!! i look everytime i'm in ToysrUs (we stop in sometimes just for fun during errands) and they've remained cleared out. we also are sitting on a birthday coupon. hrm. :) fun!

oh-- for everyone who got one of these-- make sure you pull off the film covering the mirrors...i did think to try and gave up too soon and just thought the mirrors were hopelessly scratched (they weren't)-- you just REALLYREALLY have to try to get the covering off (i bought three and they were all the same way)

have fun with your pretend makeovers everyone!

maybeebaby08
12-18-2010, 03:36 AM
Sorry to pull up an old thread, but thought I might remind folks of this cute set!
I went in my local TRU today and they had ONE set left. I checked the price and it had been clearanced to $4.99!!!:cheerleader1:

I had a $3 off $3 or more purchase (birthday club) so the total was like $2.14!! Even the cashier was impressed!

Thank you so much! I had to go to TRU and they were marked full price on the shelf but rang up $4.99. I was happy with $10 but $5 is even better!

bandgsmama
12-18-2010, 05:30 AM
thank you op! i was able to get 2. i offered one to a mom that had a cart full of girl stuff - she looked at me like i was crazy. so, i dropped the second in the toys for tots. great deal!

inmypjs
12-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Thank you for bumping up this post! I went to TRU this morning and found 3 of these. They were marked 39.99 on the shelf but rang up for 4.99!

3isthelimit
12-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Yay! SO glad I was able to help someone! Mine was marked reg. price, too! I would not have even thought to double check it if it weren't for the fine folks here!

3isthelimit
12-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Just wanted to add....went back to tru today, and they had the fao wooden tool set reduced down to $4.99!! And, the wooden doctor kit was down to $7.50!!

inmypjs
12-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the tip! If I go back, I'm going to scan more FAO stuff!

SweetTooth
12-20-2010, 04:45 AM
I've been searching for this vanity and none of the TRU stores in my area have it. If someone happens to have an extra or runs across one and is willing to ship it to me, that would be so great! I'd pay for packing & shipping costs, of course. It's not for Christmas, so after the holiday madness is fine. Thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone was willing! Feel free to pm me.
Thanks,