PDA

View Full Version : Mix and match recommendation?

triple_j
11-11-2010, 04:58 PM
I am currently expecting twin boys. For DS1 (who is now 2) I ordered from Carousel Designs and got the crib sheet, bumper, comforter, and changing pad cover. Very nice quality and had held up great, but the design I have is discountinued so I can't get another set, and we really don't need to spend that much money for the new babies! (While the sheet and bumpers got plenty of use, we didn't use the changing pad cover long and really have JUST started using the comforter.)

For the new babies, I am thinking I would just like to get some fun crib sheets (dots, animals, etc.) and a coordinating (solid/striped?) crib skirt and bumpers (striped/solid -- opposite of crib skirt?). We are planning on yellow walls. After that, we are flexible.

I'd also like to stay with 100% cotton and at least 200 count on the thread.

Any suggestions on where to start looking? Or on good brands? My local BRU has a huge bedding collection so I supposed I could start there but would like to arm myself with some information first. I am 30 weeks and really only have the energy in me for one more trip to BRU!

Thanks!

elbenn
11-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Target.com has a lot of crib bedding choices. They offer free shipping on many items if you spend $50. Most items can be returned to a local store, but check the description of each item to make sure they can be returned to a local store.

mackmama
11-11-2010, 09:48 PM
You might want to look at Pottery Barn Kids, RH Baby, Dwell, and Serena and Lily. GL!

alirebco
11-12-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm planning the same for this baby. Just want to get a crib skirt and then some fitted sheets. Looking for more modern stuff though.

lizzywednesday
11-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Honestly, I like the sheets we got from BabyGap.

They are organic cotton and very soft. I just checked the website to link them, but they don't seem to be available at the moment.

My second favorite are the flannel sheets I just bought for DD (I think they are Tadpoles brand?) but I don't know that flannel would be of use to you. I got them from Amazon.

zag95
11-30-2010, 07:32 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with Carter's sheets at BRU- I got some cotton ones- and they are still going strong after 3 yrs...... dd is getting ready to move to her big girl bed.

They have various colors and patterns- maybe you could mix and match with the set you already have!

Congrats!