PDA

View Full Version : 3 y/o boy: playmobil hospital, animal clinic, school or other?

sste
11-12-2010, 12:01 AM
So, we are already getting DS some playmobil vehicles - - family camper van and ambulance. He LOVES all things vehicular. But, in the interest of expanding his horizons which of the above larger sets would you rec? Or something else?

The pro of hospital for us is that it is an explanation of wth his dad is . . . the negative is that I don't want to in any way encourage him in a medical career!

The pro of animal clinic is that DS really enjoyed playing vet at the local children's museum exhibit . . . though the set seems small compared to school or hospital.

The school *I* want! Not sure if it would be better for DS when he himself is closer to school age and more excited about that - - maybe 4 y/o.

Also open to suggestions!

JoyNChrist
11-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Well I want the school, so I don't know how much help I am. ;)

My DS (3.5) liked the school when we saw it online, but he goes to preschool 3 days a week so the concept is familiar.

I think the hospital would probably be great for your guy.

carolinamama
11-12-2010, 11:56 AM
I want the school too but I my kids don't show alot of interest when they see it in the catalog. Both are very interested in the firehouse and airport/airplane. We have the Egyptian pyramid and the lighthouse fortress. Both get lots of play. While I wish my boys would be into less typically "boyish" themes, I just can't convince them of it!