PDA

View Full Version : Learning Resources Math Minute or other electronic flash card?

o_mom
11-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Anyone have this?

It's basically an electronic flashcard game. I saw it at Target and was thinking of getting it for DS1 to practice his math facts.

Anyone have another suggestion? We don't have any gaming systems, so nothing for Leapster or DS.

KrisM
11-14-2010, 11:51 PM
I don't have that, but was looking for a calculator for DS1 and found this one: http://www.amazon.com/Educational-Insights-Solve-Visual-Calculator/dp/B000GA75R0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289792677&sr=8-1. Not a game, but I like that it shows the problem.

mnosky1
11-15-2010, 01:46 PM
We have hot dots - you can buy different cards for different levels but it might get more pricey. DD "hates" everything math so she's not a good judge but she does these somewhat and flat out refused the math minute when I've suggested it before (she needs to pick something to practice math facts each day). Our school math resource teacher uses hot dots too (although has lots of different things and might have the math minute too). I'd like to see what others have to say about it though becuase I've looked at it a few times at Target....