PDA

View Full Version : 30% off mutsy, icoo, easy walker, micralite, espirit strollers at diapers.com

poohbear
11-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Through 11/14
code is PSSTROLLERS

Also 40% off selected diaper bags - PSBAGS

arivecchi
11-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Mutsy! :thumbsup:

Somebody get one!

http://www.diapers.com/product/searchresults.aspx?freetext=psstrollers&queryfrom=search&&PageSize=2147483647&PageIndex=0

elektra
11-12-2010, 01:41 PM
I have been looking at the Mutsys (Mutsies?) all morning!

arivecchi
11-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I have been looking at the Mutsys (Mutsies?) all morning!
Ohhhhhhhh! Let me know if you need an enabler! :)

Multimama
11-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Oh, if I was pregnant I would so buy a Mutsy. What a lovely sale price. Oh well. I really like the 2011 colors so I'll try to console myself with that.

BabyBearsMom
11-12-2010, 04:19 PM
I've been drooling over the Mutsy Transporter all day but have zero need for it. It is so cute though.

momtoax3
11-12-2010, 06:21 PM
I bought a Mutsy 4rider Light the other day on a whim b/c of the price (see other thread re: stroller frenzy resistance or whatever it was called). I so do NOT get why Frogs/Cams are so popular. The 4Rider is so much more stable/sturdy feelng with easy fold. With the shopping bag add on, I have no idea why people wouldn't pick this over the cam/frog for city living.

That all being said, I didn't quite realize that the Duoseats (to make it a double) were so expensive ($200) until after I bought it. Hmmmm....

But wow, what quality on this stroller!

legaleagle
11-12-2010, 06:37 PM
The transporter is so darn short though.

I've actually been lusting after easywalkers (both quattro and duo) since they showed up on mamabargains last week. Hard to find reviews though - anyone here have one?

momtoax3
11-12-2010, 07:18 PM
They (EW) look like knockoff trimodes and the canopies look weak. The colors are fun though so I hope they are good strollers.

purpelina
11-12-2010, 09:04 PM
I had a crush on Musty, and I would have a serious crush on it if I were pregnant or had an infant. It's a wonderful stroller, amazing quality, most wonderful fabric. It doesn't fade as much as bug's fabric (actually, not at all!)
There are only a few small things that push somone living in the city towards a bug:
bug is narrower by an inch or two, but it may have major difference in a city
bug is also lighter (especially frog). Bug handles steps / stairs better - which is a concern if you take subway for example. Walking all the way to the elevator is like 1 extra mile sometimes (I think of Park street T stop in boston) You can bump the bug up and down stairs on rear tires quite easily.

BUT Mutsy rules:

- it reclines flat (and I mean completely flat, so you don't even need a bassinet per se), also, some children don't like bucket type seat that bug has
Plus, it can be used for diaper changes.

- they fold in one piece, it's an advantage when you need to put them in the car a lot.
- they have 4 true all terrain tires (versus 2 on bug)
- Gorgeous colors!
- Did I say amazing fabric? Love it much better than bug's
- Not that popular - so it's quite unique when you have one!
- Seat is big and comfy for older child as well, but by that time you probably get a jogging stroller anyway...
- I think mutsy would be a great choice for someone living in suburbs AND in the city (and especially someone frequenting both)

OK that was ode to mutsy, somebody buy it already!:D

ged
11-17-2010, 01:24 AM
I Bug handles steps / stairs better - which is a concern if you take subway for example. Walking all the way to the elevator is like 1 extra mile sometimes (I think of Park street T stop in boston) You can bump the bug up and down stairs on rear tires quite easily.

Can you explain why the Bug handles steps better? Wouldn't all air tires be about the same? Is it b/c the Musty is heavier?

I am looking for a stoller that has air tires and can be used on public transportation and am trying to narrow down my choices. Thanks!

purpelina
11-17-2010, 01:33 AM
Yes, bug is lighter, than mutsy, it is also narrower, which is important on PT.
The way bug is built, you can easily tip it on the back wheels and bump up / down stairs on back air tires. While front tires are smaller, and stroller itself is not very heavy, you have good control of it on the steps.
Mutsy is heavier, plus front tires are air as well - which is good for walking, but you with a heavy child in it, you won't have as good of a control on stairs, if you wanted to tip the stroller on back wheels and go up / down stairs.
Our Subway in Boston has many stairs, and usually there's an elevator, but it's too long of a way around to get to it sometimes, and it's faster if you can use stairs with your stroller. Another solution is to have an umbrella stroller, that you can carry up / down stairs with child in it. Maclaren umbrellas are the best for pt and traveling in general.

If there's an elevator there's no difference of course. Strollers are not really designed to go up and down stairs, but with bug you can do that.

Hope this made sense :)

jerry_mishkata
11-17-2010, 09:21 AM
Also, re: elevators on PT, sometimes even if there is an elevator, you might not want to use it because it is so filthy you would throw up spending 1 minute in it. I miss the T in Boston with the clean and well kept elevators -- NYC's subway is sooooooo dirty! Eeww...

Eagletmom
11-17-2010, 09:47 AM
I bought a Mutsy 4rider Light the other day on a whim b/c of the price (see other thread re: stroller frenzy resistance or whatever it was called). I so do NOT get why Frogs/Cams are so popular. The 4Rider is so much more stable/sturdy feelng with easy fold. With the shopping bag add on, I have no idea why people wouldn't pick this over the cam/frog for city living.

That all being said, I didn't quite realize that the Duoseats (to make it a double) were so expensive ($200) until after I bought it. Hmmmm....

But wow, what quality on this stroller!

I don't think the price is too bad, it is about the same as other single to double set ups. The quality is amazing, I am sure the new bugaboo double will be double or triple the price.

momtoax3
11-17-2010, 11:20 AM
I really really really dislike Bugaboos.
I already have a Vista w/a rumble seat, so I just don't think I want to spend that money to get the Duoseat. It would have been cheaper for me to buy the frame and add the duoseat rather than buy the whole 4Rider Light package w/seat included. Plus, I would have gone with the pink seat b/c it is fun. I got the black because I thought I could just add a red seat.

When my oldest is old enough to ride it is definitely between a Mutsy and a MB Swift for me...although the Mutsy is in the lead. The fabrics are sweet.

arivecchi
11-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Mutsy strollers are awesome. I wish I could kave kept my Slider. :(

I think they are so distinctive and way cooler looking than Bugs! :jammin:

momtoax3
11-17-2010, 12:14 PM
I wish you would have kept your slider so I could have bought it from you! :)

arivecchi
11-17-2010, 12:18 PM
I wish you would have kept your slider so I could have bought it from you! :)
I posted it on swap and no one emailed. I was stunned! It was all for the best though as I did a little bit of arbitrage on my CL with poohbear's help. :)

momtoax3
11-17-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm guessing I wasn't a member then or didn't know anything about it if I was. I LOVE Mutsy strollers, they outclass a Bug any day of the week IMO and the add on shopping basket is SWEET!

strollerqueen
11-17-2010, 05:30 PM
They (EW) look like knockoff trimodes and the canopies look weak. The colors are fun though so I hope they are good strollers.

They're fabulous! :bighand:They have been really popular in the Netherlands for many, many years. Many stroller aficionados think their Classic is the best pushing stroller of all time. Most of us have one stashed in the back of our closets, haha. :love-retry: They came with a swivel wheel and a jogger wheel, footmuff, diaper bag, raincover, sunshade, and bassinette. I think they were the biggest seller over there, pre-Bugaboo. I really like the QTRO's, too. Wish they were a bit lighter, but I wish that about a lot of A/T's. :tongue5:

ged
11-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Yes, bug is lighter, than mutsy, it is also narrower, which is important on PT.
The way bug is built, you can easily tip it on the back wheels and bump up / down stairs on back air tires. While front tires are smaller, and stroller itself is not very heavy, you have good control of it on the steps.
Mutsy is heavier, plus front tires are air as well - which is good for walking, but you with a heavy child in it, you won't have as good of a control on stairs, if you wanted to tip the stroller on back wheels and go up / down stairs.
Our Subway in Boston has many stairs, and usually there's an elevator, but it's too long of a way around to get to it sometimes, and it's faster if you can use stairs with your stroller. Another solution is to have an umbrella stroller, that you can carry up / down stairs with child in it. Maclaren umbrellas are the best for pt and traveling in general.

If there's an elevator there's no difference of course. Strollers are not really designed to go up and down stairs, but with bug you can do that.

Hope this made sense :)

Yes, thanks. So, for PT, you use a Bugaboo?