PDA

View Full Version : What type of bag did you bring to WDW?

SASM
11-12-2010, 03:39 PM
I am looking at my bag collection and nothing seems quite doable. Any suggestions? DD2 is out of diapers but still might need a change of clothes. All 3 kids are carrying a very small messenger bag that will contain a small water bottle and a few snacks to consume throughout the day. Not sure what my bag will contain yet...any suggestions for that would be welcome, as well. :) We will have our Mac Quest with us, so light jackets might go in that basket as well as a small change of clothes (my kids always seem to find those water fountains that SOAK them). I REALLY do not want to over pack, which is a huge issue for me.

TIA ( I hope!)...

TwinFoxes
11-12-2010, 04:21 PM
I pack super light. I took one that looked very similar to this (but leather) into the parks on most days:

http://www.ebags.com/product/kipling/alvar/132654?productid=10112412

It held my ID, and my "key to the Kingdom" and it fit my camera. Extra stuff like changes of clothes, jackets, the rain cover for the stroller, all went into the stroller basket, or in the pockets of the BJCMD. A couple of times later in the week, I went without a bag so we could skip the security line! Very freeing.

Oh, I forgot, on the days I took a bag, I took a little soft sided cooler with diet cokes that I hung from my mommy hook on my stroller.

Just think about what you'll REALLY need. I just am not a schlepper, I like to travel light.

Oh, I don't know if you're staying on property, but if you are and you buy stuff, you can have it delivered to your hotel free of charge. Sooo convenient!

LarsMal
11-12-2010, 04:25 PM
I took this bag, which worked really well for us. It was the perfect size- I think it looks bigger in the pictures, but it's actually on the small side.

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=37762

I had a couple diapers, baby wipes, a pack of Wet Ones, some Purell, L's epi, Benadryl, My license, credit card (left my wallet at the resort), and cell phone. We took this on the rides with us.

In the strollers I left a small cooler bag (lunch bag size) and two of those athletic bags with the drawstrings. One of them had all of the snacks for the day and the other had a change of clothes or PJs (or both).

Like this: http://www.cauinc.com/teamwear/product/884

I liked having everything in bags since we had to fold up the strollers to get on the trams. It was easy just to grab the bags instead of grabbing a bunch of random stuff!

hellokitty
11-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Whenever we go to a large amusement park, I pk a bigger bag of supplies and keep that with the stroller and then $, cell phone, tickets, etc. I carry in a small hipster type of bags that I can sling across my body. This way I'm not dragging around a big bag of stuff all of the time, when we could leave most of that with the stroller. I'd be surprised if someone would want to steal a bag with extra changes of clothes for kids, diapers, wipes, sippy cups and some snacks.

LD92599
11-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Lesportsac madison is what i used with a vera zip id case. I was able to also have the video camera in it plus a few diapers, wipes, etc.

TwinFoxes
11-12-2010, 10:00 PM
I liked having everything in bags since we had to fold up the strollers to get on the trams. It was easy just to grab the bags instead of grabbing a bunch of random stuff!

This is a good point. We didn't take the trams. Putting stuff into the basket/pockets might not be as practical if you do need to take the trams.

SASM
11-12-2010, 10:22 PM
THANK YOU, ladies!! What GREAT suggestions...THANK YOU!!!

LOVE this idea, especially bc of the trams!! I have a ton of freebie drawstring bags laying around...makes lots of sense!! Makes it easier to manageably overstuff my tiny Quest basket, too. :) I tend to overpack bc I like to be over-prepared. I really like that EB sling, too! THANK YOU!

Momof3Labs
11-12-2010, 11:07 PM
I'd skip the bags for the kids, honestly, and tuck their snacks and water bottles in a family bag.

I also do a smallish cross-body bag for the camera and all the valuables that goes everywhere with us (VB hipster or Overland Donner) and a larger bag (a Skip Hop in the past, probably the LE backpack this trip) that stays with the stroller with snacks, diapers, jackets, etc.

To help jump on the busses and trams easily, I keep a shopping bag (cloth, plastic, doesn't matter) in the basket of the stroller. Invariably there is stuff in the basket when we need to fold the stroller, and I just throw it in the shopping bag. No scrambling to find a place to cram something.

bubbaray
11-12-2010, 11:11 PM
I'd skip the bags for the kids, honestly, and tuck their snacks and water bottles in a family bag.

I also do a smallish cross-body bag for the camera and all the valuables that goes everywhere with us (VB hipster or Overland Donner) and a larger bag (a Skip Hop in the past, probably the LE backpack this trip) that stays with the stroller with snacks, diapers, jackets, etc.

To help jump on the busses and trams easily, I keep a shopping bag (cloth, plastic, doesn't matter) in the basket of the stroller. Invariably there is stuff in the basket when we need to fold the stroller, and I just throw it in the shopping bag. No scrambling to find a place to cram something.

:yeahthat:

I used a LE LT (same size as the Overland Donner) as my purse with the passes and camera and wallet. I had a Skip Hop Dash that stayed on the stroller for most everything else. Jackets and costumes were in the baskets. I also used a Volo stroller organizer.

SASM
11-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Just wanted to send out a HUGE "Thank you!" again. I ordered an older Donner & a smaller Overland bag, as well as a Keen bag, from Sierra Trading Post AND a VB Hipster & Mini Hipster from eBay (both returnable). Everything arrived this afternoon. They are all VERY different bags...it will be a difficult decision. I like the size of the Donner but am afraid that it'll be too heavy with whatever I pack...still not sure what is going in there. The Hipster is incredibly light & considerably smaller, which is appealing, however, DH would most likely NOT carry it if need be...plus it is the most $$. AGH!! Not sure how much I'll be able to pack into the Quest as the basket is small and it is tippy with the Skip Hop. This should be interesting!

Any more last-minute advice?? :)

mytwosons
11-21-2010, 09:56 PM
I don't have experience with the other bags, but used the Donner last year. I packed it full and had two bottles of water on the sides. I have a bad back and wasn't bothered by the weight. My DH wasn't thrilled with carrying it, but it was black and he manned up. Good luck with your decision!

ETA: I usually only carry a wristlet due to my back. I carried the Donner across my body.