PDA

View Full Version : Solids on the go ?

bodey
11-12-2010, 04:55 PM
My husband and I have a trip to the beach planned for Thanksgiving as well as some dinner dates at our friends' homes. We are looking into purchasing portable highchairs for our twins. I am wondering which is the better route to go. Buying the hook on highchairs (that latch onto a table), or portable booster seats that have a tray? The advantage of the hook on chair is that it folds down very small and is very portable. The disadvantage i see is that in the photos, it looks like there is a large gap between the child and table in which ALOT of food could fall. This would not be an issue with the portable booster seat w/tray, but they are not as portable. What have all of you used for eating away from home, and not at a restaurant where highchairs are provided?

Katigre
11-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Fisher Price Healthy Cae Booster seat all the way IMO! Very portable and easy to use and clean.

MamaSnoo
11-12-2010, 05:46 PM
ITA with the FP Healthy Care.

I really liked it, we used it a long time both at home and on trips, and I wished we had never bought a full high chair in the first place.

alirebco
11-12-2010, 06:55 PM
FP booster - we have the blue, green and white one and love it. Still use it occasionally when we're out.

Sometimes those hook on ones don't work on all tables.

LMPC
11-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Another vote for FP booster. Really light and you can use them forever! We just transitioned DD into one from her highchair at home.

Indianamom2
11-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Another vote for the FP booster. That was the only "highchair" we ever used with DD. With Ds, I found a great deal on a real highchair and used it approximately 4 times before going down in the basement and finding DD's old FP booster.

We even bought a spare one to keep in the car so we always have something for when we're out.

fedoragirl
11-12-2010, 11:09 PM
I bought this awesome chair on Overstock. I think it's made by Regalo. It fits any standard dining chair, and has the 5 point harness etc. It is so small, you can just sling it over your shoulder. And best of all, it's under $20! I love it, and we're using it for our international travel.