PDA

View Full Version : Price to beat on Thomas wooden trains?

MSWR0319
11-12-2010, 06:25 PM
We got DS a train table for Christmas and would like to get him some Thomas trains. What's the price to beat on these? I will not pay full price, but am not sure what kind of deals I can get.
Thanks!

mariza
11-12-2010, 06:30 PM
If you live near an AC Moore they often have 40% off sales and/ or coupons. Currently TRU has buy one get one half off. Also check Kids Woot every day, they seem to have lots of Thomas lately.

Snow mom
11-12-2010, 07:27 PM
After Christmas last year I got a bunch at Sears for 75% off. It was about $2.50 for the single trains and $5 for the double trains.

scriptkitten
11-12-2010, 07:57 PM
craigslist. we paid $50 for an entire box of used train stuff.. brio and thomas trains and tracks and stations and cranky the crane, etc etc… had to be $500 worth of stuff.

poppy
11-12-2010, 08:22 PM
I decided to get the DVDs with the trains. I thought the below was a good deal for ppl just beginning to collect trains, otherwise you get doubles since you can't pick what you get. Thus far I got Annie from MMuddle and Percy and Duncan from New Friends, plus the DVDs.

Copied from SD:

Thomas & Friends DVD w/ 2 Bonus Trains $7.32 FS @ Walmart.com
Walmart.com has a few Thomas & Friends DVDs on sale with bonus train(s):

New Friends for Thomas [walmart.com] - w/ 2 trains - $7.32
James & the Red Balloon [walmart.com] - w/ 2 trains - $10.86
Races, Rescues, & Runaways [walmart.com] - w/ 2 trains - $10.86
Milkshake Muddle [walmart.com] - w/ 1 train - $6

There are several other DVDs for $10.86, but they only include one bonus train.

Choose Site-to-Store for free shipping. Tax sucks though.

LGS
11-12-2010, 09:01 PM
There are some random deals to be had on Amazon if you take the time to search and then price compare on other sites. Particularly for the "Talking" series for the wooden railway. These are the ones that some Thomas sets can identify by name (like we have a certain station that when the kids roll one of the Talking trains over it, the station identifies the train by name). They look just like the regular wooden trains except have gold magnets on the front and back instead of silver. You don't need to have a Talking track piece to use them or anything.

As an example, wooden Talking Spencer is just under $12 here (http://www.amazon.com/Friends-Railway--Talking-Railway-Spencer/dp/B001PAFMU2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1289609650&sr=8-2) (ships for free with Prime) but wooden Spencer is $21.99 on Amazon.

ETA: Talking wooden Emily here for $12. (http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Friends-Railway-Talking-Railway/dp/B001PADRCM/ref=pd_bxgy_t_img_b)