PDA

View Full Version : Water Bottle for 15 month old

HonoluluMom
11-12-2010, 06:49 PM
When I take DD out I usually carry a SS water bottle and her sippy cup. I want to streamline and just bring a water bottle for DD to drink out of.

I know Klean Kanteen has a water bottle with sippy top, but I've read some negative reviews about leaking.

Any other water bottles with sippy spout? Also I want it to have a cover so the sippy spout doesn't get dirty.

Otherwise, is it time for DD to start learning how to drink from a straw?

maylips
11-17-2010, 10:31 PM
My 15 month old uses a kid's version of the Camelbak container.

http://www.camelbak.com/sports-recreation/bottles/kids-bottles-4l.aspx

It uses a straw, though. I'd recommend trying to get her to learn - it makes going out much easier. DS has been drinking from a straw since about 7 months (we skipped the sippy and went straight to straw with both of my kids) and if I forget a drink I can at least stop at a drive through a get a cup of water.

mikala
11-18-2010, 12:04 AM
FWIW, DS is 14 mo and learned to drink out of a straw pretty easily about a month ago. He watched us and was curious and sure enough, he can do it.

Not really an answer to your original question but these have been useful for us as he learns how to use a straw:

http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Learning-Sippers-Colors/dp/B0000BX8LV

They don't have a valve so they're easy to drink from but the lid keeps spillage to a minimum even when he tosses the cup. We still get some spills but not much more than your usual sippy. For trips outside the house where I want a lid we like the Playtex silicone straw sippy. We also tried the Munchkin one but it was a LOT harder to clean.

That said, I'm a little weary of the plastic cups so we may be looking at stainless options soon. We may try the Kleen Kanteen sport cap.

Katigre
11-18-2010, 12:26 AM
We use the regular sport top spout and no sippy spouts - DD has done that since she was under a year old. We only have water in the bottle so spillage isn't a huge deal.