PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a new high chair please

ohsara430
11-12-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm looking for a new high chair for DD. She's 9 months and we have a FP space-saver that we really like. We recently moved to a bigger house and now I want a high chair that I can easily move (roll) from kitchen to dinette to dining room on the hardwood floors. It's a PITA to carry the space-saver attached to a chair especially when I want to move it once I've already strapped her in. I was thinking about this one:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3977466

I don't care what color it is, just has to be easy to move, easy to clean and preferably less than $100. Any suggestions or experience with the carter's one I linked? Or the Graco Contempo?

LMPC
11-12-2010, 10:02 PM
We had a graco contempo...I would probably buy it again but I really wish that the cover came off completely for washing. That was my only gripe. Other than that it was awesome.

Momof3Labs
11-12-2010, 11:03 PM
We had a Peg Perego and a Chicco and they drove me batty - so hard to clean. So I found a great deal on a basic Graco chair and bought two. I actually like them a LOT! In fact, DD2 was sick all over one last night, and I took the cover, the fabric liner and the straps and threw them in the washer. Today it looks like we have a brand new chair!

LaCostaMom
11-13-2010, 12:54 AM
We had the Graco Contempo in Kasbah & I loved those chairs! So easy to clean and store. I was able to remove the entire cover for cleaning (as far as I can remember - I sold them this summer & did a thorough cleaning). The kids also seemed comfy. Straps were very sturdy and they were never able to undo them or escape as long as I kept the straps fairly tight.