PDA

View Full Version : Anti fatigue mat in kitchen?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
11-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Anyone have one and does it make a difference in how you feel?

mom2one
11-12-2010, 11:17 PM
I got a gelpro mat two years ago and love mine. It does help! I saw they are selling them at linens n things now. You can always use a coupon to save. They do sell them online too.

HTH!

srhs
11-12-2010, 11:38 PM
No BTDT, but I remember a thread (http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=344072) about these. :) I only remember because I only would've heard about them here.
:thumbsup:

fumofu
11-13-2010, 03:40 AM
I splurged on a GelPro mat from Bed Bath Beyond (with their 20% coupon) when I was pregnant. It was fantastic then, it's fantastic now, especially since we've moved to a kitchen with hardwood floor. Think it's worth the price!

codex57
11-13-2010, 05:39 AM
Have a couple of the cheapy ones from Costco, but they're good enough. Makes a big difference. They have a brand name gel one that is nicer, but I got two for less than the price of one of the fancy ones.

MissyL11
11-13-2010, 08:06 AM
I have a GelPro one and love it. I decorate cakes and often stand in the same spot for 2-3 hours and it definitely makes a big difference. My back and feet do not hurt any more. Definitely worth it to me.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
11-13-2010, 08:32 AM
No BTDT, but I remember a thread (http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=344072) about these. :) I only remember because I only would've heard about them here.
:thumbsup:

Thank you for the link!!!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
11-13-2010, 08:34 AM
I got a gelpro mat two years ago and love mine. It does help! I saw they are selling them at linens n things now. You can always use a coupon to save. They do sell them online too.

HTH!

Thanks, I stood on one at BBB yesterday and it felt so nice. I need a very large size, though, to span the work area and am balking at the price. Maybe for Christmas.

cntrymoon2
11-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Don't do it!! I bought two large GelPro mats and one small one three years ago. The large ones ($200 each) didn't hold up at all- the edges split all the way around on both of them, and they look horrible. The small one is great, and had no problems with split edges. I loved them for comfort, but I'm beyond frustrated that after two years I had wasted $400 on floor mats. If I could do it over, I'd buy a small one or two small ones. Or buy them from Costco where I could return any time.

justlearning
11-14-2010, 03:31 AM
I bought a gel mat from Costco but don't recommend it, especially for the price (around $70, I believe). The size that Costco has is too small to look good in front of my kitchen sink, so I have it in front of my stove. It's always sliding around on my wood floor and never staying in place.

I just got done cooking at my stove for the last 2 hours (cooking up lots of meals at once) and I don't think that the gel mat made a difference in how I feel compared to 2 hours in front of my kitchen sink with a regular mat.

I do notice more of a difference when I'm bare foot (the gel feels nice to the touch), but I wear shoes in the kitchen for support when I'm standing for a long time.

ShanaMama
11-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Don't do it!! I bought two large GelPro mats and one small one three years ago. The large ones ($200 each) didn't hold up at all- the edges split all the way around on both of them, and they look horrible. The small one is great, and had no problems with split edges. I loved them for comfort, but I'm beyond frustrated that after two years I had wasted $400 on floor mats. If I could do it over, I'd buy a small one or two small ones. Or buy them from Costco where I could return any time.

FYI Bed Bath & Beyond has a fabulous return policy, too, if you bought yours there. As long as it's a product they carry they will take it back at any time, even if you don't have the receipt/ original packaging.

Jo..
11-14-2010, 10:56 AM
I had a cheap foam mat in the kitchen but it didn't make a huge difference and was a pain to clean around/under.

Now I just wear crocs when I am cooking. :rotflmao:

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
11-14-2010, 11:07 AM
I had a cheap foam mat in the kitchen but it didn't make a huge difference and was a pain to clean around/under.

Now I just wear crocs when I am cooking. :rotflmao:

I know, right? I find myself constantly wearing them outside the house because I forget I have them on!

cntrymoon2
11-14-2010, 11:34 AM
FYI Bed Bath & Beyond has a fabulous return policy, too, if you bought yours there. As long as it's a product they carry they will take it back at any time, even if you don't have the receipt/ original packaging.

Really??? I did buy them there, and I could probably even dig up a receipt. But can I really return something 3 years old and falling apart?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
11-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Really??? I did buy them there, and I could probably even dig up a receipt. But can I really return something 3 years old and falling apart?

Yes, I was just asking the manager about what happens if it did not hold up well and he very clearly told me I could bring it back whenever.

Swimfreak78
12-08-2010, 09:42 PM

If you remember what form of payment (ie. credit card) you used they will typically exchange it for you.

logan's mom
12-08-2010, 11:07 PM
My mom has the GelPro mats and loves them. She got them last year at this time.

I have also seen knock-offs at Lowes and Kohls. I know Kohls had their for $25 on Black Friday so they might put them on sale again after Christmas. I haven't seen the Kohl's ones in person so I can't speak of how they compare.