PDA

View Full Version : Advice on convertible FAA approved seats!

NancyDrew1925
11-12-2010, 11:26 PM
I have lurked on these boards for a while, finally registered and am posting! TIA for any advice!
My boys are turning 2 in a few weeks. Still RF in Evenflo seats. The seats are super wide, though, and we are moving in about 6 months to TX from MD. We also already have 2 flights booked for the holidays this year!! I know we'll be flying a lot more frequently after the move, so I definitely need FAA approved seats. I also really don't know how much longer boys will RF... they are about 33" and 22 and 25 lbs right now...
TIA for your help!

jjordan
11-14-2010, 02:44 PM
I think all convertibles sold in the US are FAA approved. Do you have evenflo triumph advance seats? I haven't personally used them on airplanes but I'm sure there are those who have. If you don't soon get responses from someone who has, then re-post with "evenflo triumph advance on an airplane" in your title. :)

DebbieJ
11-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Most seats are. There should be a sticker on the seats with the info.

I've taken the Britax MA65 and the Cosco Scenara on planes without any problems. Well, just some ill-informed flight attendants who once told me I had to turn DS FF because the passenger in front of him couldn't recline, but we worked that out. ;)

Smillow
11-14-2010, 11:48 PM
I just flew SW with a Safety First Avenue. I RF my son and didn't have any trouble - it is nice and light for lugging through the airport. I did need a pool noodle pyramid to install it RF in my mom's Honda Accord (2000).