PDA

View Full Version : Makeup suggestions for an 8 yo girl

KpbS
11-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Apparently DN would like some makeup for the rare occasion she is allowed to wear some (and dress up too, I guess). I've just got boys and don't wear any makeup. Anyone have any ideas?

bubbaray
11-13-2010, 01:01 AM
Bonne Bell Lip Smackers. Maybe some glitter??

http://www.lipsmacker.com/ -- they make their "hint of color" line too

Neatfreak
11-13-2010, 01:03 AM
Nail polish would be another possibility ...

infomama
11-13-2010, 01:06 AM
Yes to Carrots lip gloss, Piggy Paint, maybe some natural eyeshadow or light blush (check Sephora natural line).

Dd1 wants a 'big box of makeup' for Xmas and since that's not happening she will be getting some gloss and natural blush (and puffy brush) and *maybe* a shadow in a little case. Target has some cute cases. .

salsah
11-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Yes to Carrots lip gloss, Piggy Paint, maybe some natural eyeshadow or light blush (check Sephora natural line).

Dd1 wants a 'big box of makeup' for Xmas and since that's not happening she will be getting some gloss and natural blush (and puffy brush) and *maybe* a shadow in a little case. Target has some cute cases. .

:yeahthat: lip gloss or tinted lip balm, light blush, natural shadow, and nail polish seem reasonable for her age.
burt's bees also makes tinted lip balm.
i found a "safe" nail polish at dsw. i think that the brand was called "Anise"

mnosky1
11-13-2010, 01:40 AM
Did her mom say ok? I'm assuming yes. But my dd and her cousin got makeup sets when they were 6/7 from their cousin and my SIL both agree those sets caused more trouble. I finally threw ours out the last time she was in trouble (perfect excuse because the makeup was sort of involved).
But if mom ok- the girls loved the sets, shiny powders, light glitters, nail polish, lip gloss. They sell them around the holidays a lot - jc penny comes to mind - in a carry case with mirror.

crl
11-13-2010, 11:11 AM
I would get lip balm and eyeshadow from Alima. Someone here suggested them to me, I haven't tried them yet. But they have good ratings on EWG. And the trial size eyeshadows are cheap so you could get a few colors, plus a couple of brushes at Target or somewhere, and a couple of lip balms.

http://www.alimapure.com/roi/772/Mineral-Cosmetics-Lips/Nourishing-Lipbalm/

Catherine