PDA

View Full Version : ISO Diaper Bag Backpack for Toddler Life

srhs
11-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Ok, ladies, hit me with your awesome diaper bag knowledge.
Confession: My $30 black target skiphop has served me quite well. Gasp, I know.
But I would like to put a fun diaper bag on my Christmas wish list for someone else to buy. :)

My boys are 1 and 2, so I don't have the baby-needs, but I will have potty training needs. And I want a backpack style so I can be hands-free. DF has a girl Petunia Pickle Bottom which I really like the style of.

I want a boy-color print/style and one that is not too girly for DH to carry because he often does.

I have to have 2 drink pockets. I have no idea why they even make them with 1.

Ok, hit me with your good stuff! :)
Oh, and Vera Bradley is not my style. (I know....who can even claim to have a style after confessing to an all-black canvas bag for 2.5 years?)

Momto1
11-15-2010, 12:13 PM
I love love love my JJB mini. It's the perfect size for my 18-month old. You can get great deals on them through the pink room.

I also just got a JJB BeRightBack this weekend and I think it's going to be perfect for longer trips with DD, and would probably be great for 2 kids. Just like all the other JJBs I've had, it doesn't look too big, but it sure does hold a lot.

srhs
11-22-2010, 02:39 PM
What fabric do you have? I know these are so popular, and yet the prints don't appeal much to me (but maybe that is because I am only seeing them online and not IRL?)

star04
11-22-2010, 04:39 PM
If you don't like print JJB's, you can try a solid Packabe. 2 sippie pockets. Solids include black(w/silver), brown(blue,pink,gold), red(gold), and navy(silver).

Momto1
11-22-2010, 05:14 PM
What fabric do you have? I know these are so popular, and yet the prints don't appeal much to me (but maybe that is because I am only seeing them online and not IRL?)

At first I thought the prints were really loud, but I've come around now that I've seen them in person.

My first JJB was a Lotus Lullaby print, which is pretty understated. I also like the Purple Paisley and Drip Drops, but you could always get one in a solid if you're not comfortable with the bold prints :)

ang79
11-23-2010, 12:22 AM
I have a JJB MiniBe in Drip Drops and pack it weekly for my two girls for church nursery (2 yr. old and PT'd 4 yr. old). I pack a spare set of clothes for each, 3 dipes, cloth change pad, hard pampers wipes case, snacks and sippies for both, tissues, and hand sanitizer. And there is still spare room for other extras (like if they decide to wear their hats and sunglasses, or if I use it for the park and need to take sunscreen and camera and keys and cell). The one thing I don't like about it is that it does have a deep profile and sticks out kinda far on my back. But there are so many other awesome features (insulated snack pocket, 2 outside insulated bottle/sippy pockets, washable, and cute!), that I still use it. Its not my main bag because I prefer to use a large purse cross-body or on my shoulder if I'm just running errands, going out to eat, etc. But the backpack option is great for going to the park or other outdoor places where I need my hands free to chase them!

I also had a Packabe when my youngest was a baby and used it as my all day out bag, it can hold quite a bit!