PDA

View Full Version : Does Lego.com ever have deals?

June Mommy2
11-14-2010, 10:53 AM
DS wants several expensive Star Wars Lego sets for Christmas. I know that TRU often excludes the Star Wars Legos from their sales, so I'm trying to find a way to get the best deal on them. I have a $10 reward card from the Lego store (though we don't have one locally.) I can use it at Lego.com. They are running free shipping over $99 right now. Is that as good as it gets? I really want to maximize my savings, but I don't want to wait too long and things get sold out. Anyone remember from previous years if the Lego website will have any deals or sales closer to Christmas?

KrisM
11-14-2010, 11:38 AM
In October, you got double points for VIP card holders (free card), which worked out to 10% of the price is savings on a future purchase. I don't know if they run that again or just once a year.

TRU at times does include the Star Wars sets for 10% off, but that often brings them to Lego.com prices.

And, the TRU Toy Book had the $10 gift card with $75 purchase, so you could buy them one at a time and gather gift cards :).

edoudera
11-14-2010, 06:47 PM
I noticed that Kohls has a bunch of Star Wars Lego sets, and you can use HOLIDAYGIFT for 30% off if you have a Kohls card, and there's another few codes floating around out there for free ship and a %15 or 20% for noncard members.
They don't have all the sets tho so it depends which specific one you want. They did not have the Slave 1, which was on DS's list.

Also barnes and noble has a 30% off one item you get if you sign up for their kids club and they carry lego star wars as well.

I've worked on this a lot, since that's all that's on DS's list!

alien_host
11-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Check here for deals on lego on Black Friday. You might find the Star Wars set you are seeking at another store.

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=974

alien_host
11-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Try code: B399

It should give you $5 off $20,but isn't stackable if you use a code for free shipping, I can't recall if that is automatic.

artvandalay
11-14-2010, 11:57 PM
About a month or so ago, TRU had Star Wars Lego's 30% off. I can kick myself that I didn't get any. I'm hoping they do something like this again before Christmas.

wzly
11-15-2010, 08:11 AM
Borders just had a 40% off a toy coupon (expired now) but they have a 33% off one item through today:

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/33item2010nov14.html?cmpid=SA_20101114

Combine that with 10% off if you upgrade to Borders Plus membership (pay $20 get a $10 off coupon to use after xmas)...

They seemed to have a good selection of lego stuff...A friend bought an advent calendar set with her 40% off coupon the other night...They had Star Wars stuff, too...

Here's another idea...(I sound like I'm a Borders commercial--sorry)...They have an in-store buy $100 of gift cards get a $20 coupon to use after 12/26...Buy gift cards there first to get your $20 coupon at the register & upgrade to Borders plus for $10 off after xmas....And then use your 33% off coupon plus 10% off Borders plus and pay with a gift card... How's that for complex? : )

I bet Borders will have some better Black Friday coupons, too...

:) Jen

alien_host
11-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Just watch the prices @ Borders, they generally are higher than MSRP. Your discount may not be as high as 40%, but wzly is right that you can get some discount.

Barnes & Noble is another option w/ the 30% kids club coupon, but again their prices might be inflated.

Also, TRU is offering 10% rewards, which might help on future purchases and can be combined with sales or the $10 gift card w/ $75 purchase coupon. Again watch the inflated prices.

wzly
11-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Great point about the inflated prices! I was on my phone in-store at Borders comparing the legos to the amazon prices and they seemed right on target...

I see that price inflation when I look at toys at Kohls (much higher, it seems) and on stuff like Carter's one-piece PJs that are cheaper at Marshalls than at the Carter's outlet store...

alien_host
11-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Great point about the inflated prices! I was on my phone in-store at Borders comparing the legos to the amazon prices and they seemed right on target...

I see that price inflation when I look at toys at Kohls (much higher, it seems) and on stuff like Carter's one-piece PJs that are cheaper at Marshalls than at the Carter's outlet store...

Amazon has been known to be inflated for Lego too, it really depends day to day...I always use lego.com to compare since those prices are MSRP and are consistent. Last year I overpaid for a base plate on Amazon, not realizing the MSRP was $4.99 and I paid $6.99 on Amazon. :(

hellokitty
11-15-2010, 01:31 PM
About a month or so ago, TRU had Star Wars Lego's 30% off. I can kick myself that I didn't get any. I'm hoping they do something like this again before Christmas.

Lol, this is OT, but I love your username and avatar! :bighand:

wzly
11-15-2010, 06:50 PM
an update...

I did end up going for the Borders Plus membership...used my 33% coupon tonight...

You guys are right...It will pay for itself quickly...and many more coupons here than at B & N...

I love this group!