PDA

View Full Version : Crème de la Mer: has anyone used it?

moonsky
11-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Is it worth the price? I don't have any fine lines on my face yet but have a little bit sun damage spots. Does it help to dimish those spots?

I can't find the info on ingredients on its web or on the skindeep. For those who has used it, can you let me know the ingredients? Thanks,

Kathy

BabyMine
11-14-2010, 02:14 PM
I used it and really didn't see a difference and didn't think it was worth the price. I don't have my container so I don't know the ingredients. I doubt it would do anything for the spots but I was mainly using it for a moisterizer. I now use Atopalm (http://www.drugstore.com/search/search_results.asp?N=0&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntk=All&srchtree=1&Ntt=atopalm) and love it. It soaks right in and doesn't feel heavy or greasy.

AnnieW625
11-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Yes I have used it, mainly samples and I love the stuff and it does work, esp. for burns and such (what is was developed for), but it is just too expensive for me to use on a full time basis. I can't remember the ingredients in it, but I had no issues with breakouts.

infomama
11-15-2010, 04:12 PM
I am saving up to have my sun spots lasered off. My Derm says it will probably be one visit. They use the laser, it gets dark and semi hard then it just flakes off. Won't damage my skin and she will do my slight redness in my cheeks, too. She said I will look just like me but 10 years younger. It's called V beam and I think she said it's less than $400 a treatment. http://www.candelalaser.com/products/index.cfm?task=vbeamPhotos#photos (http://www.candelalaser.com/products/index.cfm?task=vbeamPhotos#photos)
(check out the 'brown pigmentation' before/after pics)

elektra
11-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Yes I have used it, mainly samples and I love the stuff and it does work, esp. for burns and such (what is was developed for), but it is just too expensive for me to use on a full time basis. I can't remember the ingredients in it, but I had no issues with breakouts.

:yeahthat:

vejemom
11-15-2010, 05:37 PM
I've used it. I like it as a moisturizer, but I don't believe the company's claims about the "miracle broth" and how it healed the founder's burnt face. Interestingly, there was no internet trail about the founder when I googled his name a couple of years ago. Don't know if they've gotten more Internet savvy since then. Just found it odd that you couldn't corroborate the story told in the company literature.

stinkyfeet
11-16-2010, 11:14 AM
I don't think la mer will rid of the age spots. You are probably better off trying laser treatment! It actually works! If you want to try topical treatments, you should try something with hydroquinone. There is an Rx serum by obaji that has hydroquinone and vitamin C that works very well. You can get it at your dermatologist (if they sell it) or your med-spa. I don't tank that they sell this product at the dermstore.com b/c it is Rx only. You can also try vitamin C serums--you can get this at dermstore or sephora.

HTH! :ROTFLMAO:

DrSally
11-16-2010, 04:51 PM
I've heard that lazers can really help as well, but I wouldn't want to pay the cost. I have 2 larger ones on my face. Have tried some fade cream, but they seem to make my skin sensitive and wrinkly!

mackmama
11-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Creme de la Mer makes me break out. I have sensitive skin, though. I also have not noticed it's any better than other face creams.

MissAndi
01-23-2011, 02:09 AM
I used a few samples of this and liked it. The price was too much for me, too.

I'd save your money and laser those off. :)

Oh, and Beautypedia.com is a GREAT website in terms of listing ingredients. You have to join for a small yearly fee, but it has been great for me. I ended up switching several things I'd been using, and am much happier with what I use now.

DrSally
01-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Beautypedia.com is free for the months of Jan and Feb. I pay for a subscription