PDA

View Full Version : LE Lighthouse totes -- $10.99 and 30% off + FS family & friends coupon

bubbaray
11-14-2010, 08:01 PM
http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-186190_A7.html?action=modify&itemId=415685116&sku_0=0186190A70::BRD&qty_0=6&addressID_0=99943208&

These are really really nice totes. Can't beat the price. I'm in for 9 red and 1 blue. Christmas and Hanukha (sp?) gifts for various teachers done. Priceless.

4birds
11-14-2010, 08:25 PM
wow - what a great find! Thanks OP. I absolutely love these bags and the red ones in the medium size will make great teacher gifts for the holidays. Also, the large sized bags are only $14.99 then 30% off and they make great pool bags in the summer.

bubbaray
11-14-2010, 08:36 PM
I've already called back THREE times. I'm in for a total of 12 red and 2 blue. And I dug out a $10 GC too, so they are even cheaper....

infomama
11-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Where is the 30% off code?

bubbaray
11-14-2010, 08:54 PM
I got a 30% off F&F code via email. Maybe check your junkmail folder? I think everyone gets it though -- you could always call their CS. They are VERY helpful.

FWIW, the 30% off is site-wide.

infomama
11-14-2010, 08:55 PM
I got a 30% off F&F code via email. Maybe check your junkmail folder? I think everyone gets it though -- you could always call their CS. They are VERY helpful.

FWIW, the 30% off is site-wide.
I'll check my junk mail...I never do. Thanks!

LD92599
11-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Remember ebates! As soon as ds2 is up to bed i am hopping online for christmas shopping!

lablover
11-14-2010, 09:04 PM
I found this online - haven't tried it since I have the e-mail:

LESHARE30 and PIN 7785

captobey
11-14-2010, 09:07 PM
I just ordered using the code below and it worked. I don't think there codes are one time use. I found this on a coupon site so I know it's been used multiple times.

Thank you so much for posting this deal. These are my favorite bags! I just ordered a bunch for holiday gifts. Works out to be cheaper than a gift card and who can't use a bag!

Thanks again!

Code: LEFF
Pin: 1560

infomama
11-14-2010, 09:07 PM
I found this online - haven't tried it since I have the e-mail:

LESHARE30 and PIN 7785
That's on LE's homepage when I access it via my Droid. Should work!

PAfirsttimemom
11-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks, OP! Guess I better order fast--the BBB is snapping them up! :-)

For those picking these up as teacher gifts, how will you present them? Wrapped? In a box? Just so with no wrapping? Do they fold up? Also, would it be odd to give the large one as a teacher gift? My DH and I were talking, and we love the large size and use it so much.

JBaxter
11-14-2010, 09:42 PM
6% if you go through ebates ;)

I ordered 3 for gifts and monogrammed them

MeISOE
11-14-2010, 09:45 PM
And let the shopping season begin! 3 for me ... 3 for others. Throw in a few other items while I am getting free shipping ... Not a bad start.

scrooks
11-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the tip! I had a couple of shirts in my cart I was going to order tonight so I just added 3 medium totes and one large to my order!

oneplustwo
11-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Many thanks, OP! Ordered for teacher & bus driver gifts and a couple for our family.

mom2mack&max
11-14-2010, 09:55 PM
I am so use to getting free shipping, it pains me to pay it. I don't really need to order 5 bags.

momtoonegirl
11-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Thank you for posting. I was wondering what to get DD's teachers this year for gifts.
Problem solved!

oneplustwo
11-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks, OP! Guess I better order fast--the BBB is snapping them up! :-)

For those picking these up as teacher gifts, how will you present them? Wrapped? In a box? Just so with no wrapping? Do they fold up? Also, would it be odd to give the large one as a teacher gift? My DH and I were talking, and we love the large size and use it so much.

I'm thinking of putting a container of homebaked goodies in each bag to give as teacher/bus driver gifts.

I think a teacher could find a thousand uses for the large size. :)

JanBaby
11-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks OP! I'm in for two medium and one large. I'm not sure who I'll give them to yet (they pool money to buy gift cards for the teachers at day care) but the deal is too good to pass up. I might keep one for myself ... to go with the 17 other bags I have.

daphne
11-14-2010, 10:02 PM
In for 2 mediums and I'm not even sure for who....

DrSally
11-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks! I'm in for 6 for teachers

PAfirsttimemom
11-14-2010, 10:33 PM
The colors all seem nice, too. What is everyone choosing?

lablover
11-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks OP! I ordered several mediums for gifts, and a large for me because I love the one we have so much. FYI - the medium size blue is already out of stock.

ourbabygirl
11-14-2010, 10:42 PM
I was thinking of blue (medium) for DS, red for DD, black (large) for myself for pool trips, etc., and the same for my mom.

Thanks, OP, I may need to snatch some up, too. ;)

Melbel
11-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks OP! I am in for 5, all monogrammed.

2 size M red to hold teacher gift cards for class gift (I am HR mom for DD1's class)
1 size L blue for me to replace my faded 3 year old beach bag
1 size M blue for an Aunt/Uncle for their boating outings (will also include some new beach towels or a gift card to a restaurant they can go to by boat)
1 size L blue for my sister

For adults without young children, the L may be too big (the L was too big for my MIL).

The code/pin referenced above was the same as my email, so it should work.

PAfirsttimemom
11-14-2010, 11:05 PM
So I wanted to order and am not able to "add to bag." I wonder if the site is overloaded right now, or if the item is already out of stock. Anyone else having trouble?

infomama
11-14-2010, 11:06 PM
So I wanted to order and am not able to "add to bag." I wonder if the site is overloaded right now, or if the item is already out of stock. Anyone else having trouble?
I was then I accessed the site on my mobile phone and it worked. Medium blue was showing OOS for me.

billysmommy
11-14-2010, 11:15 PM
I've been looking for something to put teacher presents in and these are perfect!!! I got 8 red medium totes

Thanks for posting Melissa!!

Momof3Labs
11-14-2010, 11:28 PM
DDs' SLP desperately needs a new bag for the toys she hauls in every week - Christmas present DONE!

Thanks!

kellij
11-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks for posting!! I just ignored the email earlier. In for 5! :)

ourbabygirl
11-14-2010, 11:32 PM
If it's not letting you add to bag or says your bag is empty, try using a different web browser (this happened to me while using Safari; I switched to Firefox & it's fine).

So maybe the large will be too big for my mom? Do you think it'd be too big to carry stuff for the grandkids, too? Maybe I'll switch it to medium, then... thanks for the heads' up! :)

happymomma
11-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Thanks so much for letting me know! Just ordered 6 new totes. After the 30% off plus free shipping, I'm only paying $8.26 each. That is such a great price. Will be giving to all DD and DS's teachers. I think tey will like it.

Hippoharbor
11-14-2010, 11:46 PM
It seems like all of the other replies are for red or blue. I ordered black for teachers, WITH monogramming; I hope I like the color b/c no chance for returning! I think the black looks classy. What do you think?

Momof3Labs
11-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Here's another deal - beach towels (pink only, sorry) for less than $5 after 30% discount:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/PrintVelourBeachTowel~212360_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::AAX&CM_MERCH=IDX_00008__0000000284&origin=index

Momof3Labs
11-14-2010, 11:55 PM
It seems like all of the other replies are for red or blue. I ordered black for teachers, WITH monogramming; I hope I like the color b/c no chance for returning! I think the black looks classy. What do you think?

I think that the black looks classy, too, and that's what I'm ordering for the girls' SLP and DT.

bubbaray
11-15-2010, 12:18 AM

I have the black for myself -- got it a few years back. It looks brand new (though in fairness I don't use it daily).

PAfirsttimemom
11-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Finally got the order placed. Ordered 3 medium (2 red, 1 black) and 4 large (2 blue, 1 red, 1 black). Will figure out who gets what colors after I see them. Probably keeping 1 med and 1 large for myself. :-)

I did decide to get the large for MIL and my son's two preschool teachers. DH and I think this size is great for hauling stuff and using as an overnight bag. Hope they like them and don't think they are too big.

Thanks so much OP. Great deal!

msmouse523
11-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Thanks OP!! I saw this post earlier and should've jumped on it then since the medium blue is OOS now, but the red is still cute. I picked up 6 of them for gifts. Thanks again!

NancyJ_redo
11-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Thanks Melissa, this is awesome! In for 5 (3 of which are black!!).

NancyJ_redo
11-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Thanks OP!! I saw this post earlier and should've jumped on it then since the medium blue is OOS now, but the red is still cute. I picked up 6 of them for gifts. Thanks again!

Hmm, I'm seeing medium blue in stock right now (8:29 PST).

mousemom
11-15-2010, 12:35 AM

I used their livechat to talk to one of their representatives and asked about returning monogrammed items. They said that you can return any item that does not work for you. I've never tried it, so don't know if that's true. But their return policy does not say anything about monogrammed items not being returnable either.

Smillow
11-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Hmm, I'm seeing medium blue in stock right now (8:29 PST).

Did you add it to your bag successfully? Sometimes things appear to be available until you try to add them to your bag.

NancyJ_redo
11-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Did you add it to your bag successfully? Sometimes things appear to be available until you try to add them to your bag.

I just checked again and the blue medium are gone now ;)

ett
11-15-2010, 12:45 AM
I used their livechat to talk to one of their representatives and asked about returning monogrammed items. They said that you can return any item that does not work for you. I've never tried it, so don't know if that's true. But their return policy does not say anything about monogrammed items not being returnable either.

I know LL Bean sells returned monograms items in their outlet stores. There is some way to remove the monograms.

happymom
11-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Is the medium size bag too big to be used as a lunch tote? I need something to throw my coffee travel cup (the Costco ones) plus lunch, maybe some yogurt, and a fruit into...would this bag be too big?

ett
11-15-2010, 01:23 AM
If you have a Discover card, ShopDiscover gives 10% cashback.

maiaann
11-15-2010, 01:27 AM
Okay, I caved. I was trying really hard to sit this one out! I bought a bunch in red (both large & med size). I'll fill each family's gifts in their own bag. Red just seemed holiday-esque to me!

Momof3Labs
11-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Is the medium size bag too big to be used as a lunch tote? I need something to throw my coffee travel cup (the Costco ones) plus lunch, maybe some yogurt, and a fruit into...would this bag be too big?

Yes, much too big for that.

happymom
11-15-2010, 01:33 AM
Yes, much too big for that.

Ok, thanks so much for replying. I guess I'll have to keep looking for a smaller tote.

Staraglimmer
11-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Thanks OP! I ordered 9!!!! Thanks to this sale and the Garnet Hill sale, everyone is getting bags with his/her name on them! Well at least it looks like a theme instead of bargain shopping :) Thanks again!!!!

jgenie
11-15-2010, 05:40 AM
Thanks OP - ended up with 15 - mixed sizes and colors!!

PAfirsttimemom
11-15-2010, 09:29 AM
6% if you go through ebates ;)

I ordered 3 for gifts and monogrammed them

I think I was able to click through ebates, but I have not gotten a cashback notification. When does this happen? I haven't done ebates for a while. Thanks.

ett
11-15-2010, 09:49 AM
I think I was able to click through ebates, but I have not gotten a cashback notification. When does this happen? I haven't done ebates for a while. Thanks.

It takes a couple of days.

cckwmh
11-15-2010, 10:28 AM

The last 4 times I used ebates I had to email customer service to get the cashback. It has become a hassle, at least for me.

Seitvonzu
11-15-2010, 10:47 AM
my ebates has been working fine lately-- does take a couple days sometimes, my guess was because they were waiting for the orders to "ship" which is when the company charges my card. makes sense to me :)

i'm in for 3 red medium totes... we don't have "teachers" to gift with anything, so that's not a consideration and i didn't want to go crazy!this is one for us, one for brother's family (i'm considering a nice big home depot gift card because they just got a new house) and one for my mom (maybe with a gift card too, they'll be travelling at hte holidays). who can't use a sturdy bag, right?

to get the order up to 50 dollars, i bought lulu a holiday dress (the longsleeved red/blue plaid number). oh my! i recently got *myself* the canvas shirt dress in chili pepper plaid, so i guess we're all about the holiday plaid this year.... it was in the overstocks section, so with the extra 30% it ended up 60% off and it's just so darling. if it doesn't look as darling on, we'll i'll just return in at the store. easypeasy. i'm really starting to LOVE lands end.

turtledove
11-15-2010, 12:03 PM
All medium totes are OOS :( I should have jumped on this last night. Do you think the large is too big for a teacher bag? Also, for those who got monogrammed bags for teachers, did you just do the last initial, or do you actually know the teacher's middle name?

Mamma2004
11-15-2010, 12:24 PM
All medium totes are OOS :( I should have jumped on this last night. Do you think the large is too big for a teacher bag? Also, for those who got monogrammed bags for teachers, did you just do the last initial, or do you actually know the teacher's middle name?

I was all set to order the medium but as I was checking out, it sold out. Aaargh! I had it in my cart last night and spent an hour this morning, trying to find out her middle name for the monogram!

I ended up getting the large for DS's teacher. I opted for "word" instead of initials and I put "Mrs. M" --> I thought that would get across the sweetness that a student bought it for his teacher....and it eliminated the need for a middle initial!

HTH!

iaam
11-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks for posting, OP! I got three for DS' pre-school teachers (to go with the Burts Bees grab bags and scarves I already had). I am done now. At the end of the summer (when he moved from the toddler to the preschool class), I had gotten these same totes for his two teachers for $15 each after a code, so this is a great price. I know they loved the bags, so hopefully the other group will too.

PAfirsttimemom
11-15-2010, 02:55 PM

I actually opted to get the large for DS1's main preschool teachers. I figure they can use it just as I would--overnight bag, beach/pool bag, etc. I'm sure they have to carry around toys and supplies for school, too. I did not get them monogrammed. Go for it. They are a great deal!

jamesmom
11-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks OP and all other posters! Got 8 totes (various shapes/sizes) for DCs teachers, so now I'm all set now for end of year gifts.

boltfam
11-15-2010, 05:07 PM

No, I don't think the large tote is too big for a teacher. When I used to teach, I always had so much to carry! I think the last name on the tote would be fine, too.

Thanks to the OP! I just got one med. and one large and actually forgot to monogram them. Oh well!

ett
11-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Thanks to the OP! I just got one med. and one large and actually forgot to monogram them. Oh well!

You can call them to see if they will add the monogram onto your order. You can usually add items to your order before 10pm Central time on the day you place the order.

JoyNChrist
11-15-2010, 05:26 PM
I can't get it to add to my bag in Safari or Chrome. :(

indigo99
11-15-2010, 05:28 PM
When I ordered a few hours ago, they were sold out of all except the blue large. That was just before 1. Did someone say that they got a medium since then?

MomtoNico
11-15-2010, 05:56 PM
I missed out. Great idea for teachers gifts. I didnt realize I could have printed the e-mail out and used it at Sears for their lands end stuff. I need to pay more attensions. ugh.

JoyNChrist
11-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Oh well, I missed out too. Gonna have to find something else for the preK teachers.

boltfam
11-15-2010, 10:12 PM
You can call them to see if they will add the monogram onto your order. You can usually add items to your order before 10pm Central time on the day you place the order.

I actually ordered last night, but that's good to know for the future. Thanks for letting me know!

indigo99
11-15-2010, 10:54 PM
You can also add to your order on the same day. I ordered a couple of bags and didn't want to wait and risk them selling out. Then I called later to add a couple more items and get the free shipping.

newg
11-15-2010, 10:56 PM
I just ordered three large bags and noticed they had mediums again.

Melanie
11-16-2010, 03:15 AM
I keep seeing the mediums, but it won't let me add them to my cart.

I did get some larges for a few people for gifts. Thanks OP and others for this great deal.

mom2mack&max
11-16-2010, 09:08 AM
I actually ordered last night, but that's good to know for the future. Thanks for letting me know!

I ordered on the 12th @ 9:30pm & was able to call the next day & add monogram to one of them, so it's worth a try!

brianaw
11-16-2010, 11:47 AM
I ordered on the 12th @ 9:30pm & was able to call the next day & add monogram to one of them, so it's worth a try!

I ordered 6 of them on Sunday night. Monday evening I decided to change the 4 that I had monogramed and add monograming to the other 2 and had no problem. The person who answered transferred me over to another department and they told me my stuff had yet to go to the monogram department and that it was fine. FYI- when I got the revised invoice it didn't show the extra 30% off so I called them back. They took $3 off each monogram instead (I guess there was a problem taking it off). I guess "technically" its not really 30% off, but close enough.

Melanie
11-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Okay, I have a vent.

My intials really suck for monogramming. LOL. The ones I gave as gifts I just did the last initial. Mine looks lame on it's own, and in the order of First, Last, Middle, spells something.

Okay, silly whine over. Moving on...

brianaw
11-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Okay, I have a vent.

My intials really suck for monogramming. LOL. The ones I gave as gifts I just did the last initial. Mine looks lame on it's own, and in the order of First, Last, Middle, spells something.

Okay, silly whine over. Moving on...

I agree.. mine are BMW. Looks silly, I picked to have a "whole" word so I just put people's first names on them (adults). I also got a few large ones as family gifts to friends and put their last name. It was the same price and I like it more then just the initials.

Melanie
11-16-2010, 02:25 PM
I agree.. mine are BMW.

You win. ;)

sue_g
11-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Did you get 30% off of the monogramming too or did you have to pay $5 for each?

ssjarrett
11-16-2010, 06:27 PM
I ordered a bunch...some mongorammed and some not. They did not discount the monogramming. It was still $5 for each.

daisyd
11-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks for posting OP! Grabbed a bunch for teachers gifts.

cbscherer
11-16-2010, 09:07 PM
I ordered a bunch...some mongorammed and some not. They did not discount the monogramming. It was still $5 for each.

I wish they did the offer like LLbean. Free monogramming with credit card (sigh)

indigo99
11-16-2010, 09:17 PM
FYI- when I got the revised invoice it didn't show the extra 30% off so I called them back. They took $3 off each monogram instead (I guess there was a problem taking it off). I guess "technically" its not really 30% off, but close enough.

The 30% off did not apply to monogramming so you got lucky. The monograms also didn't count toward the free shipping which doesn't make sense to me at all.