PDA

View Full Version : container store --1st purchase question

Allisonsmommy
11-14-2010, 08:17 PM
I just got my first order from the container store to help organize DD's expedit. the shoe boxes and sweater boxes are GREAT, however the mens shoeboxes i got 3 of them and all 3 don't stay latched very well at all. If you lift up at all on the lid it comes right off where as the others don't do this. Is this normal for that size box?

tiapam
11-14-2010, 09:06 PM
I just got my first order from the container store to help organize DD's expedit. the shoe boxes and sweater boxes are GREAT, however the mens shoeboxes i got 3 of them and all 3 don't stay latched very well at all. If you lift up at all on the lid it comes right off where as the others don't do this. Is this normal for that size box?

I've never bought those but I think they are all designed to latch the same way. Try pressing down harder at each end. I recently started using the shoe boxes for art supplies and have noticed some latch easier than others. I would also look them over as they might have a chip on box or lid in just the wrong spot.

amldaley
11-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Unfortunately, occassionally I have gotten a batch of lids that don't latch. It seems they are a little warped. If you have a store location near you, take the lids and you receipt in and just ask to exchange the lids out. Several years ago, we bought TONS of their clear storage boxes in various sizes and they were wonderful about trading a few odd fitting ones out, as well as one lid that got smashed somehow.

KrisM
11-14-2010, 11:56 PM
I'd call or email them. I received one box with a cracked corner and they sent another right away and didn't need the old one back. Easy.

Allisonsmommy
11-15-2010, 01:18 AM
i just emailed them so hopefully i'll hear from them tomorrow. I was visiting someone 2 hours away and that is when i went and i will not drive all that way to get 4 boxes swapped out. Hopefully they can just send me new ones. i'll cross my fingers! I absolutely LOVE the ones that came and are working properly. It's just strange that the only ones that are so loose are the mens shoe box size.