PDA

View Full Version : what gifts are you getting your 6 & 7 year old boys?

newmomto1
11-15-2010, 02:37 AM
I am curious..
We have hanukkah coming up soon and haven't started shopping yet.
I am headed to the stores tomorrow but have just a few ideas.
So what's on your shopping list for boys this age???

KrisM
11-15-2010, 04:03 AM
Lego
Snap Circuits Rover
Citiblocks
BeyBlade arena
Battleship game

new_mommy25
11-15-2010, 06:35 AM
Game of Life
Scrabble or Bananagrams
iTouch
Pokemon anything
Magic 8 ball
Video game (DS wants Kirby's epic yarn and pokemon ranger guardian signs....if we get him a game it will be only one so I have to poke and see which one he really wants.)

I was going to get DS a new bike but I think my co-worker is going to give him his son's outgrown bike. DS has been asking for an iTouch so I think that will be his big gift. He loves Monopoly and Words with Friends (we do pass and play) so I think he will like the above mentioned board games. I also want to get him a new Razor scooter if I can find a good deal.

I haven't started shopping yet either. :) I am so far behind this year.

bnme
11-15-2010, 07:17 AM
lazer tag
table hockey
Legos
HP Clue
Sorry Spin
Paper Jamz
Snap Circuits

LD92599
11-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Legos
Ds games
Books
Hess truck
Sports jersey

brittone2
11-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Stomp rockets
maybe a nerf gun (this is what he really, really wants...I'm not sure I want him to have it ;) but I think Santa is going to come through)
car art kit/drawing set: http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Lab-O7066-ArtLab-Design/dp/193285598X/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1289828170&sr=8-10
Sequence game

DD and DS1 may be getting some shared things for our next house (upcoming move) like a gymnastics mat, rings, etc. for the basement. Not sure if we'll actually do it for Christmas but we might.

I'm holding out a little longer to see if he mentions anything else at the last minute. If he doesn't he'll probably get some more Lego and or Knex.

crl
11-15-2010, 09:53 AM
DS is 7. He is getting a wii from us and more unit blocks from Santa. My parents are getting him Phineas and Ferb action figures and a wii game. His stocking will have a SF Giants World Series baseball cap and a watch, plus other small things. He has also asked for football and baseball books.

Catherine

groundhog74
11-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Automoblox
Snap Circuit Rover and maybe an expansion kit
dinosaur books
board games
books

MolieMuts
11-15-2010, 11:21 AM
DS is 6.

Legos
Nintendo DS game(s)
Stomp Rocket
Chapter Books

He told me that he wanted an Easy Bake oven, but not a girl one.

DebbieJ
11-15-2010, 11:26 AM
DS1 will have his 7th b-day in December. Here's what I have gathered up for him so far:
-Razor Scooter (the awesome $16.99 deal Jo posted here--TY!!!!)
-Battleship board game
-Chicago Bears sleep pants gift set
-paints and paint brushes

I know there is other stuff, but I can't remember at the moment.

zoestargrove
11-15-2010, 03:42 PM
I have 2 boys ages 6 and 7

legos
a game or two
books
booster set for the barclay blocks
a digital camera for one
and roller blades for the other

also considering keva contraptions block set to go with our kapla blocks
http://store.freeshippingtoystore.com/MindWare-KEVA-Contraptions-200-Plank-Construction-Set_p_158.html

and we like to set up a big gift. Some of the ideas we are tossing around is to create a space in our basement for them. Either a wood shop/inventor's studio (work bench, peg board with tools hanging, and supplies....or a stage for a rock and roll band (bought the electric guitar on craigslist already and would look for a set of bongos or something to go along...plus space for the other instruments.

KpbS
11-15-2010, 04:00 PM
legos
globe
chapter books
magnatiles (to share w/ DS2)
some puzzle books
playmobil knight set http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-5864-Knights-Take-Along/dp/B0029WEKJE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1289851137&sr=8-4
hyperblast game

GaPeach_in_Ca
11-15-2010, 04:57 PM
My son is 6 and in 1st grade. He is getting from us:
Playmobil Ghost Pirate Ship (http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-Ghost-Pirate-Ship-Set/dp/B001NIO5XQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1289854431&sr=1-1)
Allowance game
Nerf gun, he has wanted one for forever!
Books, including Pokedex, special Geronimo Stilton, and Grossology

Shared gifts:
doorway puppet theatre (he's a bit old for this)
Lego table
Wii Lego Star Wars, complete saga

Stocking:
probably Pokemon cards
maybe Bakugan
DS game holder

He asked for Legos, but DH thinks we have enough. :p I put it out there for his Aunts/Grandparents. He got a DS for his birthday in September, so I'm sure he'd like more games, but the 4 we have already seems like enough for now.

hellokitty
11-15-2010, 05:44 PM
DS lites
lego
snap circuit rover
star wars stocking stuffers
bakugan
science kits