PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on kidkraft dollhouses and dolls to go w/ them?

junebaby07
11-15-2010, 12:16 PM
So we already have the FP my first dollhouse. My 3.5 year old wants a "Barbie dreamhouse." I am not really into the loud plastic barbie house, so I was thinking a Kidkraft dollhouse might serve the same purpose.

If you have one do you like it? Which do you have?

One concern is I have a 14 month old who likes to "play dollhouse" too...would it be stable enough for her? I would of course take away any small pieces.

What kinds of dolls do you use with yours. I am not crazy about barbies, I guess. I'd like dolls that look like a family and look more regular.

WatchingThemGrow
11-15-2010, 02:37 PM
We went back and forth (well, I did. DH probably just pretended) between the Loving Family and the Kidkraft houses. A friend had gotten the big house from Costco for her DD at 3 or 4, but she said she ended up putting it in the attic. She said her DD was just not into it. Several sources indicated the FP loving family were friendlier, easier to play with and looked a bit more like real people. DD has enjoyed it a lot for the past year and says we need another house b/c we have too many people for it now. The access. were B1G1 in March or something and apparently I went nuts buying friends and stuff for them to do.

junebaby07
11-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Iknow a lot of people love the Loving FAm house. We already have the My First dollhouse and I just wonder if they are too similar.

brittone2
11-16-2010, 10:25 AM
DD has really enjoyed the FP loving family dollhouse. She got it last Christmas at newly 3 and it has gotten a lot of play in the past year.

WatchingThemGrow
11-16-2010, 10:44 AM
I forgot to say that my 11ish yo niece has the big kind in her room. I remember having the Barbie townhouse when I was 9. I felt like there was plenty of time later for the big kind, so the small ones would be easier, safer and more fun for these younger years.