PDA

View Full Version : any feedback on Liv dolls?

AnnieW625
11-15-2010, 12:25 PM
DD1 saw an ad for these over the weekend (it was an ad for the camping set) and she got all excited and told me Barbie! DD1 has a Malibu Barbie, and Ken doll she got for her 3rd birthday and she doesn't play with them much, but does enjoy them (and the clothes are off of them for the most part!). I liked that these dolls looked like teenagers and had a few more fashion options than the the normal Barbie doll w/mini skirts and such.

FWIW, I am not opposed to Barbie at all as I had them when I was kid and loved playing with them.

Are these good for an almost 5 yr. old (she'll be 5 in April).

mnosky1
11-15-2010, 01:36 PM
DD7 likes them because they used to come with dogs and she is way into animals and not so much into dolls. Now she wants them becuase they have Liv horses. They have interchangable hair but look OK without the long hair too - DD7 can't quite get the hair back in place and needs me to do it for her. They go in the bin with the barbies although I don't think they can share clothes becuase they aren't as skinny. Ok, that wasn't such a detailed review - sorry.

ellies mom
11-15-2010, 01:51 PM
We have two dolls, extra clothes, the cardboard bedroom and the horse. Technically, they belong to the oldest but the youngest enjoys them too.

They are nice dolls, fully jointed so they don't always have to wear heels. Real glass eyes, and the wigs make for a nice touch because if they get a hair cut, you can just buy a new wig. And the focus seems to be more on what they do rather than how they look unlike the former Bratz dolls.