PDA

View Full Version : OMG picture of myself

niccig
11-15-2010, 02:53 PM
:gloomy: ...I'm supposed to be on the beach in 4 weeks in Australia...I look awful in shorts let alone a bathing suit...sigh...so how much can you do in 4 weeks???

arivecchi
11-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Plenty! Can you buy some tunics and pareos for the beach? For casual wear, I find that light dresses and skirts are so much cuter and forgiving than shorts. Just buy some clothes you like and have fun!

niccig
11-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Plenty! Can you buy some tunics and pareos for the beach? For casual wear, I find that light dresses and skirts are so much cuter and forgiving than shorts. Just buy some clothes you like and have fun!

I have to find something to buy...I just tried on my shorts and they do NOT fit me...I havee on skirt and one cropped pants that fit - for 2 weeks in tropical climate....I'll start exercising and post over on Momwear for where to buy summer clothes in winter! And I just threw out all the halloween candy...

hillview
11-15-2010, 04:25 PM
I really like my boarder shorts (bathing suit bottoms) for the beach/pool.
/hillary

elektra
11-15-2010, 04:31 PM

:yeahthat:
I would go for some long flowy skirts, dresses and coverups too.
I hate shorts, even on a good day,.
It's tough to find summery stuff right now. I got my tropical stuff at Old Navy earlier this year but I don't think they have much. Trying to think where to get some of that stuff right now.......

niccig
11-15-2010, 06:06 PM
I really like my boarder shorts (bathing suit bottoms) for the beach/pool.
/hillary

I have a pair of these - but I need them to go to my knees to hide everything!

niccig
11-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Well...I did 45 mins on the exercise machine..first time in years I think. And I feel better for it. I'll do what I reasonably can in the next 4 weeks, and at least I will feel better about myself than I do now. I needed this wake up call. I need to spend time looking after myself!

cckwmh
11-15-2010, 06:08 PM
what about enwrapture vintage? these dresses/tops/skirts are very forgiving and look great!

SnuggleBuggles
11-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Ok, here's my idea to get in shape...weight train 3 days/ week. Do you belong to a gym? If so, hit their Body Pump or Group Power classes, if available. Do good cardio 2-3 days/ week. I find that the weight lifting has more of a positive effect on how I look than the cardio- tone up what you have and maybe lose a smidge.

GL!!
Beth

niccig
11-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Ok, here's my idea to get in shape...weight train 3 days/ week. Do you belong to a gym? If so, hit their Body Pump or Group Power classes, if available. Do good cardio 2-3 days/ week. I find that the weight lifting has more of a positive effect on how I look than the cardio- tone up what you have and maybe lose a smidge.

GL!!
Beth

Checking the Y classes this afternoon.....

niccig
11-15-2010, 08:03 PM
I also have JM's 30 day shred. I can do that on days I can't get to gym and need to do some weight training. I can't do that everyday because of my knees, and I have to take it very easy with any jumping, but better than not doing something.

The Y has a Body Works class - I'll try to make it 2x a week and JM the other time. Have to see as class time is when school drop off is, so if DH can do drop off one day a week, then do a late afternoon class with DS at Y babysitting...I can do the DVD and cardio at home - we have an eliptical machine.

I know I can't do a tonne in 4 weeks, but I will feel better about myself...