PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order from the Girl's section at Lands End for youself?

ett
11-15-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm seriously considering ordering from the girl's section at Lands End since the women's XS is sometimes still too big for me. It's cheaper too. Has anyone else done this? I'll go for the styles that don't look too girlish. I was looking at one of the sweaters and the review was written by someone who usually wears petite small.

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
11-15-2010, 04:39 PM
I haven't ordered, but I tried on a girls size 16 peacoat in the store, and it fit me just fine. FWIW, I'm a size 4 womens. The only thing that stopped me was that the coat was just a bit too pink for me, I was looking for an "older" pink color.

HTH
Jennifer

kep
11-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Whaaaaat? Seriously jealous here. ;)

MichelleRC
11-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Yes! I just ordered the professor cardigan in XL, I have a few polos in their XL and a skort or 2 in size 16. One of the benefits of being 4'11".

WolfpackMom
11-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Yes! I looked everywhere for a jacket in a size 14 because the store I saw it in only had up to a 12 and the adult ones didn't come in the color I wanted and were a little big for my body type. I never found the jacket in the bigger size, but if I ever did I would totally buy it.

oneplustwo
11-15-2010, 11:13 PM
I haven't ordered from LE's girls dept, but I've shopped Rugged Bear for myself. I'm generally a size 16 there. I say go for it! As you mentioned, the prices are lower, and just stick with items that don't scream little girl. :)

I've also heard of grown women who buy girls' shoes/boots from LE. Again, great savings if the sizes work out for you.

ett
11-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Thanks everyone. I was also looking to order the professor cardigan. Now if I can just get my order though. The site is soooo slow and keeps crashing. I may just have to call them on the phone!

ETA: Okay, so the site is not slow but it keeps crashing when I click on the shopping cart!