PDA

View Full Version : Need help with replacing seats after accident

ett
11-15-2010, 05:36 PM
I was in a car accident last week and need to get our car seat and booster replaced.

DS1 is in a Compass B510 high back booster. What booster should I replace that with? Is the B570 the latest model?

DS2 is in a Marathon. He is almost 4 and 32lbs and 38 inches. Should I get another Marathon or a Graco Nautilus? I really love our Marathon, but he would be able to use the Nautilus for longer. Is the Nautilus still highly recommended?

Thanks!

ETA: I was just reading some old threads and saw that the Graco Nautilus has to be completely on the seat with no overhang. We have a Volvo S40. I'm not even sure if it would fit completely on our back seat. Maybe I should just get another Marathon since they have higher limits? Or the Frontier?

GraceH
11-15-2010, 11:47 PM
*I* would do a Nautilus or Frontier since they will last longer to outgrowth than a Marathon.
Some have experienced sleeping head flop in the Nautilus, but the Frontier has a higher price tag.
I would highly recommend taking a trip to BRU to try the floor models in your vehicle before committing... this will allow you to see if the Nautlius overhangs or if any curvature of your vehicle seats interferes with a snug fit with either seat. Also note that you will want to test out the seat-belt based install, since you will be reaching the limit of the LATCH connections in the next year or two.
If you are not near a BRU or shop that lets you test seats in your vehicle, you may want to look into ordering at Diapers.com or someplace with free returns.
Oh, and if you aren't ready to rush into a decision and don't have back-up/grandma seats to use while decision-making, you might want to check into a Maestro.

love-pink
11-16-2010, 12:08 PM
what is the age and weight of ds1?
as far as ds2 i would go with the nautilus. we have one and i cant say enough good things about it.:bowdown: i also had a frontier 85 and sent it back to diapers.com 2 days after i got it. it was so bulky and huge i couldnt stand it. it just seemed over priced to me and our nautilus was so much easier to install, remove the cover, adjust and take the straps out to use in booster mode. i also thought for the price of the frontier the cover was crappy feeling. i was expecting something soft and plush like our marathon and roundabout, it was mesh (that pulls and stains easily) and black fleece type material.

you can go to babiesrus and try both the nautilus and frontier in your car. or go to target or super walmart buy a nautilus, see if it fits all the way on your seat and if it dosent return it (please dont use it then return it ;) ).
you can also find good deals online for both seats and alot of places like diapers.com have free return shipping so you can send back the one that dosent work out for your ds and in your vehicle.