PDA

View Full Version : The travel stock piling has begun!

Armywife1stDr2nd
11-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Just bought the Inglesina 2010 Fast Table Chair in Navy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SNAK6G/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000GKY4SI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0RB4Y7BWMEKGT5M6AHNH

and the Pea pod plus in Red.
http://www.amazon.com/Kidco-PeaPod-Indoor-Outdoor-Travel/dp/B000LL1624/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1289866716&sr=1-1

I'm also just debating on the monogramming but we will be getting PBK luggage (me and DS) in pink and navy. I guess I'm going for the all navy look on our trip to sunny LA in the spring.

I love making little dents in my wish list. I hope I'll be able to get a good amount of use out of these items for years to come!

fedoragirl
11-15-2010, 09:59 PM
I don't mean to hijack, but how to you get DC to sleep in those Pea pods? I have the red Pea pod plus, and DD refuses to enter it. We have tried everything from leaving it in her playroom to enticing her with toys in it. No bites.

Armywife1stDr2nd
11-18-2010, 09:04 PM
I don't mean to hijack, but how to you get DC to sleep in those Pea pods? I have the red Pea pod plus, and DD refuses to enter it. We have tried everything from leaving it in her playroom to enticing her with toys in it. No bites.

I've actually been thinking the same thing. Originally that is what kept me away from it BUT everyone seems to be giving it rave reviews and I plan on doing a fair amount of traveling as my little guy gets older so even if he doesn't get much use out of it now I think he will in the future.

WolfpackMom
11-18-2010, 09:21 PM
I've actually been thinking the same thing. Originally that is what kept me away from it BUT everyone seems to be giving it rave reviews and I plan on doing a fair amount of traveling as my little guy gets older so even if he doesn't get much use out of it now I think he will in the future.

Our DS is small so since its been around for awhile it hasnt been an issue for us, but recently we had to get our 15 month old niece to use one.
We put it together and kept it out in the playroom so it was just present. Didnt try and make her go in or anything, just had it set up so she could check it out. After awhile she went to look at it, then I would put a toy in it or something and she would just sit next to it and take the in and out toy out etc. We just kept it around in the playroom for a day and eventually when she was getting sleepy we put her in there for a nap, and sat with her a couple minutes until she fell asleep. The next day, after having had 2 naps in there, she would go to bed in it. In fact, this to her parents relief got her out of co-sleeping in their bed, I guess because it was small and cozy and safe feeling?

Before you leave on your trip I would just have it out as a play tent and try a couple naps in there so your DC is used to it. Otherwise it may be hard to adjust to both a different enviornment and a different sleeping set up at the same time while on vacation.

edurnemk
11-18-2010, 10:08 PM

I was a little weary of this, too, we got the Peapod plus for a trip to Cancun. First when I was about to purchase it, I showed DS (2.5 yo at the time) pictures of it on my computer, including pictures of other kids using it on the Kidco webpage. I asked him if he'd like to sleep in a tent when we were away from home like the kids in the pictures, he said yes. When we got it we really worked him up about how fun it would be to sleep in a tent, like camping but indoors (not that we'd ever gone camping). He got really excited. We didn't do naps or anything, we didn't have enough time before our trip.
The first night we put all his stuffed animals he usually sleeps with in it, did our bedtime routine and put him in there. I explained again this would be his bed for the trip and he should sleep in it just like in his crib. There was some resistance, and he did get a little scared and cried for me a few times (it was also a very dark hotel room), he tried to get out a few times (he figured out the zippers in like 2 seconds). The first night was a bit rough (for a while I thought he was going to end up sleeping in my bed and that I had wasted $80), but after that he got the hang of it and things went smoothly for the rest of the trip.

Now he LOVES it, it's his own cozy place away from home. Whenever we travel, he asks "where's my tent?" as soon as we're on the plane or car.