PDA

View Full Version : Online Price Searcher *Invisible Hand*

mjmamma
11-15-2010, 08:56 PM
I just posted this elsewhere but.....
www.getinvisiblehand.com is a Mozilla add on that price checks specific items online for you once you find it on Amazon (Froogle and a few other sites too).
It's fun and so helpful. It will tell you if Amazon has the best price, where it is lower and usually some other options too. Great online shopping time saver, imo. HTH

NancyJ_redo
11-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I've never heard of it before but it sounds interesting, I'm off to download it now...

zag95
11-15-2010, 11:11 PM
It sounds very Adam Smith- as in economic theorist! Thanks for the tip!

babyonway
11-16-2010, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the tip. Once I download it should it start working? Or is there a preference or something that I have to do? I downloaded it, shut down internet explorer, reopened it, went to Amazon and searched for an IPad and nothing happened. :( I tried it with Firefox too. I am sure it is user error. Can anyone help?

mjmamma
11-16-2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the tip. Once I download it should it start working? Or is there a preference or something that I have to do? I downloaded it, shut down internet explorer, reopened it, went to Amazon and searched for an IPad and nothing happened. :( I tried it with Firefox too. I am sure it is user error. Can anyone help?

Once I search for an item, I have to click through onto the item's page (so that item is the only product I'm looking at, not a list). After 10 seconds or so, a yellow toolbar pops up at the top of the page. The only quirk I've found is that it doesn't work in a second window or tab, just one item at a time. HTH

musicalgrl
11-17-2010, 08:52 PM
I've been playing around with it today and found that sometimes the yellow bar doesn't pop up at all. In your experience, is that the case if something is only available on Amazon?

Oh - and I also notice that sometimes the yellow box shows a completely different item!!! Weird, because none of the keywords or anything was the same.

I guess it's not perfect, but still a cool concept!

mjmamma
11-17-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm not sure of the specifics but I have noticed it doesn't pop up if I have another window open and it is popped in there. I've never gotten a different item though, that's odd! I agree that it's a cool concept...