PDA

View Full Version : X-Post: Leather Mac on Kids Woot

mariza
11-16-2010, 02:29 AM
I don't get the leather aspect, but hey someone might like it and it's a Mac for $150 :) http://kids.woot.com/

arivecchi
11-16-2010, 06:51 AM
Unbelievable deal but I don't get the leather either.

This one is a Ryder?

poohbear
11-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Unbelievable deal but I don't get the leather either.

This one is a Ryder?

Yup. It's a ryder. Your very own darth vader stroller!
Wonder how many we'll see on ebay in about 5 days! LOL.
Super deal - honestly if you need a Mac, I'd prob snatch this one and throw a liner on it. It's a $900 stroller. It was on gilt for $500. Amazon has it right now for $600
http://www.amazon.com/Maclaren-Carbon-Leather-Stroller-2d-CF6506/dp/B000FAMZ30

roseyloxs
11-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Wow. How tempting. A few of the posters say it makes a great winter umbrella because the leather will help retain a toddlers heat. Someone else in the comments found that this is a 2007 model.

Multimama
11-16-2010, 09:13 AM
This is an AMAZING deal on this stroller. If I needed an umbrella (which I don't, LOL) I would snatch this one up just because it's a great price for a ryder and black looks nice with almost all of the Maclaren liners that would fit it.

ETA: You guys already said that all, but heck I got excited. $150!!!?

sherry7
11-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Sold out! I debated on buying it since I saw it last night at 1 AM. I need it like I need a hole in the head, so I'm kind of glad that the decision is out of my hands now, LOL.:)

poohbear
11-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Wow. How tempting. A few of the posters say it makes a great winter umbrella because the leather will help retain a toddlers heat. Someone else in the comments found that this is a 2007 model.

It is a 2007, so the recline is not as deep as the newer Thurston Ryders, but still for those of you who snatched one, a good deal.
And as you can imagine, they are ALL OVER EBAY right now. LOL!
If you check out the Woot stats, 9% of buyers bought 3. (But woot will ship 3 items for the same shipping. THough at $5 shipping, who cares, right).
595 sold...
:)

BTW - My brother is addicted to Woot and literally emailed me at midnight when this went on the woot site. He thought DS could be Darth Vader next Halloween...

liamsmom
11-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Sold out! I debated on buying it since I saw it last night at 1 AM. I need it like I need a hole in the head, so I'm kind of glad that the decision is out of my hands now, LOL.:)

Oh thank God! I saw this post late last night and made myself sleep on it. My Thurston Ryder arrives today! But I kept thinking about putting a liner on the black leather...

poohbear
11-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Oh thank God! I saw this post late last night and made myself sleep on it. My Thurston Ryder arrives today! But I kept thinking about putting a liner on the black leather...

You're better off with the Thurston IMO. More accessories and you don't need to worry about a liner :) Plus a liner is $25, so price is about the same, right?
Plus Thurston has a full recline and it's a 2009...

This would be a good deal if you didn't have a Thurston ;)

liamsmom
11-16-2010, 01:29 PM
I have almost two liners for every stroller, so that wouldn't be a problem, lol. But if the black leather ryder is a 2007 model, then I'd imagine it would be harder to sell, not to mention most people seem to have the same reaction "A leather stroller?"

Golly, I'm just all over the place. Only a few days ago I wished I had more colorful strollers. Now I'm lusting after black.

strollerqueen
11-16-2010, 03:50 PM
LOL, maybe because I live in Socal, I never anticipated a weird reaction. I have one and it is GORGEOUS! In fact, I just sold my Revi black P3 and Mod Quest that I looked FOREVER for and paid full price, because I know when I need something black, I will grab the leather Ryder. :tongue5:

roseyloxs
11-16-2010, 04:02 PM
LOL, maybe because I live in Socal, I never anticipated a weird reaction. I have one and it is GORGEOUS! In fact, I just sold my Revi black P3 and Mod Quest that I looked FOREVER for and paid full price, because I know when I need something black, I will grab the leather Ryder. :tongue5:

Well I am glad you didn't say anything before it sold out or I might have been in trouble.

babychi
11-16-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm also glad it sold out...I'm a sucker for black strollers and the leather is so posh! What a great deal while it lasted.

Multimama
11-16-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm so proud of myself because I wasn't even tempted. I mean, it was an awesome deal on an excellent stroller, but I feel so happy with my stroller stash right now I can let other people snag the awesome deals. :)