PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me...

sfmom
11-16-2010, 12:19 PM
or do the pre-holiday season sales really suck this year?

I recall last year that there were mad sales --- there was the pre-Thanksgiving sale at Old Navy (where you got 40% if you were one of the first XX people in the store) and there was the amazing sale on Target toys through AOL.

I've been stalking the black friday adds, and there's nothing interesting.

What's going on this year? Have they not gotten the memo -- the economy STILL sucks.

I desperately need to buy new clothes for DD and DS. Seriously, DD's toddler jeans now look like uber fashionable skinny jeans...LOL!

Momof3Labs
11-16-2010, 12:29 PM
The Target toy sale happened after Thanksgiving, and we had no warning - it just popped up. So I won't rule out that it won't happen again this year!

Babymakes3
11-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Ooh I forgot about that target aol toys sale last year, I did that. I also got up and stood in line at ON for 50% off, i'm hoping they do it again! I have not started my Christmas shopping at all and really need the sales!

wifecat
11-16-2010, 01:09 PM
I feel like the best deals I got were the ones really close to Christmas last year (like that crazy amazon toy sale!). I snatched up lots of lightning deals and got in on the Target AOL sale, too, and I think all of that happened between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

This year the endless.com shoe deal was amazing, but that's the only really good deal I feel like I've jumped on so far. Hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised in the next few weeks!

sfmom
11-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Does anyone remember any really good deals on clothing???

I'm really need to stock up for both kids. I don't know whether to wait for places like Gap and Children's Place or take the deals I'm finding now...

thoughts??