PDA

View Full Version : Questions about FP Loving Family playhouse...

gatorsmom
11-16-2010, 03:20 PM
I am thinking that Sisi would love a dollhouse. I have read great reviews about the FP Loving Family dollhouse but i"m confused about whether to get the Super Set, which comes with some of the furniture, or simply the dollhouse and buy the sets separately. It appears that there are 2 different kitchen sets that would work, but one includes more pieces than the other. Does anyone know if the SuperSet includes the basic kitchen or the bigger one? I can't really tell from the pictures I see on Amazon. It appears that it could be cheaper to buy the Super Set, but I'm not sure.

Anyone have an opinion about this? I haven't seen these toys IRL and probably wont' get the chance. Things are crazy hectic here with packing for the move, moving in, training the new nanny, helping Dad with his chemo, etc.

TIA!

Mermanaid
11-16-2010, 03:33 PM
DD got this dollhouse last Christmas. I wish I would have bought a set rather than just the house and the rooms individually. Would have saved me quite a bit of money! I'm not sure which kitchen the super set has as they change the furniture every year (or so it seems) but I'm sure she will love it regardless. When we got the furniture some of the rooms are the nicer sets and some are the basics. To be honest, Mallory doesn't really care which is which!

gatorsmom
11-16-2010, 03:42 PM
DD got this dollhouse last Christmas. I wish I would have bought a set rather than just the house and the rooms individually. Would have saved me quite a bit of money! I'm not sure which kitchen the super set has as they change the furniture every year (or so it seems) but I'm sure she will love it regardless. When we got the furniture some of the rooms are the nicer sets and some are the basics. To be honest, Mallory doesn't really care which is which!

Well, I thought getting the SuperSet would have been a good deal, but I"m finding that some of the room sets are so marked down that it might be cheaper to buy them individually. I'll still have to buy some of the rooms, since the SuperSet doesn't come with any bedroom furniture. Plus, I really like the upgraded kitchen and I can't tell from the picture what is included in the SuperSet. Even though this would be Sisi's Xmas present, I hope that her brothers will play with it too, if the set has a lot of details and wingdings. Cha Cha in particular LOVES little detailed toys.

Mermanaid
11-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Well, I thought getting the SuperSet would have been a good deal, but I"m finding that some of the room sets are so marked down that it might be cheaper to buy them individually. I'll still have to buy some of the rooms, since the SuperSet doesn't come with any bedroom furniture. Plus, I really like the upgraded kitchen and I can't tell from the picture what is included in the SuperSet. Even though this would be Sisi's Xmas present, I hope that her brothers will play with it too, if the set has a lot of details and wingdings. Cha Cha in particular LOVES little detailed toys.

If you want that particular kitchen I would just go ahead and buy all sets individually. Even if it ends up costing a bit more you get exactly what you want.

Just a word of warning ... if you don't have a dedicated space for it and have to pick it up when done playing ... all those sets turn into LOTS of little pieces.

And my son (3yo) loves to play with the set with his sister. :) So fun to see them sitting there together. I think this Christmas they are going to get the car to go with it. They've been telling me that their family needs to run errands. LOL.

malphy
11-16-2010, 03:52 PM
The set is generally a better deal. We have the kitchen that came with the set and it is great. The stovetop makes a tea kettle noise. I have only seen the kitchen that comes with the set available seperately. I think the other kitchen shown on amazon was an older model. I have not seen it irl.

Where have you seen the sets marked down? I have been thinking of adding some rooms for christmas.

gatorsmom
11-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Where have you seen the sets marked down? I have been thinking of adding some rooms for christmas.

I just meant some of the sets on Amazon were marked down from their original price.

WatchingThemGrow
11-16-2010, 05:00 PM
We got the house with 2 or so sets included. Maybe check TRU Big Book. Not sure if the sale was on a pretty filled one last year. A word of warning - you do not need all the sets to fill the house. They also go on sale in March BOGO.

MommyAllison
11-16-2010, 07:24 PM
DD just got this dollhouse for her birthday last week from grandparents, along with a bunch of extra rooms from both sets of grandparents. We have the tea-kettle kitchen too, it came as a separate room for us. My 2.5 year old DS loves playing with it too! And I agree with PP - there are a *ridiculous* amount of sets to go along, way more than you could ever fit in the house. And once you fill the house, there is the garden set, the pool party, extra pets, the suv/minivan, etc etc etc.