PDA

View Full Version : Question about birthday gifts for twins

Aishe
11-16-2010, 06:35 PM
DD is going to a fourth birthday party for twin girls this weekend. What is the best way to manage gifts for them? Should we give them each the exact same present? Or similar gifts with minor variations (e.g. dolls in different colors, or books in different titles)? Or is it better to do totally different gifts for each girl? I just want to spare the parents any headaches.

On another note, the mom of the twins is a vet and the girls literally own a pony, who will be giving rides to the kids at the party. And I thought bouncy houses and entertainers were setting the bar too high!

Lolabee
11-16-2010, 07:51 PM
DD is going to a fourth birthday party for twin girls this weekend. What is the best way to manage gifts for them? Should we give them each the exact same present? Or similar gifts with minor variations (e.g. dolls in different colors, or books in different titles)? Or is it better to do totally different gifts for each girl? I just want to spare the parents any headaches.

As a mom of twins, I would say any of the above would probably be fine. It might not hurt to reach out to the mom to find out what the girls are into these days and if they have any issues where this stuff is concered. If in doubt, include gift receipts in case there is any problem.

The most important thing is that you just don't show up with one gift for the both of them.

Hope that helps.

Melaine
11-16-2010, 08:15 PM
My girls just had their fourth birthday party. If you are really trying to make it easiest on the parents, then I say get them two identical gifts. Two similar gifts will cause some bickering, two completely different gifts will cause a lot of bickering. Not that those choices are bad, AT ALL, just saying what happens at my house. Truthfully, I kind of look forward to the day when they have completely different interests.

LaCostaMom
11-17-2010, 04:13 AM
Mom to twins here as well but I have b/g. Whether they get the same, similar or different around here never seems to matter - DD ALWAYS wants what DS has. :)

I do think it's important to have separate gifts, especially at age 4. It hasn't mattered much to us yet but I know it will in another year or so. I think giving the mom a call might be a help to you AND the mom.

Another thing that I think is important is to make sure that each child receives her own birthday card.

Aishe
11-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the advice, all. I got them each the same sticky mosaics kit. I absolutely intended to get them each a separate gift - just wasn't sure the best approach to that.