PDA

View Full Version : Places for crawlers?

crl
11-16-2010, 11:20 PM
DD is nearly 8 months old and Army crawling all over the place. Any suggestions for places for her to get her exercise besides in our room? Either in the parks or at our hotel--Wilderness Lodge?

Thanks!
Catherine

mmama
11-17-2010, 01:33 AM
We just got back from a short trip (magic kingdom and epcot) with my almost 9 month old. Sorry, I didn't find any places to let him crawl in the parks. There's a small playground type area in toontown where i could have put him down but it was too crowded with walking kids to let my DS explore. Maybe it'll be less crowded for you. Honestly though, I didn't feel the texture of the surface, it may be rough.

I let DS crawl in the hotel room in the morning and in the evening when we returned (our room had a large-ish open area). He did want to get down during the day but luckily there were a lot of things and people to distract him. :-)

Have fun!

liz
11-17-2010, 07:33 AM
The only place I could really find was at Innoventions at Epcot. While the older DC and DH were exploring, I let DS3 crawl around an area that was carpeted. It was located near the door facing Test Track. It was a large area where they parked a new car (area must be sponsored by GM), but the area around the car was HUGE. Everyone ignored that area because there was nothing there except the car, so we had it to ourselves.

Even our 1BR unit at SSR did not really offer a good amount of room for the baby to safely crawl around, especially since we had the pull-out opened all week.

hth

crl
11-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Thanks! I was afraid this was the answer. I guess we will just have to grab any opportunities we see and hope she is happy with all the activity around her.

Catherine

WatchingThemGrow
11-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Is there a lobby at the lodge? Seating areas outside a restaurant? grassy area around the resort?

crl
11-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Is there a lobby at the lodge? Seating areas outside a restaurant? grassy area around the resort?

Well, I haven't been yet, so I can't say for sure. Except I know there is a lobby. I will keep my eyes open for opportunities like that, but some of those places tend to have a lot of people walking around too so the baby could get stepped on.

Thanks!
Catherine